Lieutenant
All of the promo material used the "Sierra" series, but in-game, most use the "Antares" uniforms, except for named characters.

So which do you think would be the more "official" look for bridge officers?
Captain
# 2
08-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I would say the Odyssey uniform, but you have to buy it with dilithium from a T3 fleet starbase that's unlocked the tailor. In other words, limited. Great uniform though.

So that aside, I would say Sierra 1 because that's what Handsome Phaser Guy wears, and definitely not Antares 1 because it's just plain ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 3
08-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Technically, the whole uniform customization thing IS canonized by flavor texts in-game. But if I were to judge which individual one, it would be either Jupiter or Odyssey for 2409-year ships, and Antares in older ships.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 4
08-23-2013, 05:13 PM
all of them.

seems to me, every ship ever shown has had a different uniform configuration....
# 5
08-23-2013, 05:18 PM
I realize all the options were added to personalize gameplay, but there is a trend in the game for certain groups or rank levels to wear a particular uniform.

I agree the Antares uniforms are the ugliest, but they are the ones used most often. The Jupiter uniforms make good dress uniforms, but they are too outrageously impractical for day-to-day duty uniforms.

I prefer the Sierras, but few in-game wear the standard Sierra 1, despite "handsome phaser guy".

Starfleet has never used such an insane amount of variants. It would be nice if we could design uniforms for ranks and divisions on our own accounts, and that is all that would show up in our view of the game, so each person sees it as they want to see it.

I've never even heard of the Odyssey uniforms, but they look a little bland to me now that I've looked them up.
Captain
# 6
08-23-2013, 05:21 PM
The next generation film ones as it's the last one we saw on film

Unless you count the UGLY jar jar ones
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Lieutenant
# 7
08-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I see a lot of the people wearing the First Contact-Nemesis uniform, but it's no more "canon" to the 25th century than the TOS or TNG uniforms. It's a retro uniform, and it breaks immersion as no NPC wears it.
Republic Veteran
# 8
08-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Starfleet

Klingon

Romulans

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.
Captain
# 9
08-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undedavenger View Post
I see a lot of the people wearing the First Contact-Nemesis uniform, but it's no more "canon" to the 25th century than the TOS or TNG uniforms. It's a retro uniform, and it breaks immersion as no NPC wears it.
I'm sorry if I break immersion, but I only wear cool uniform.
I think the "canon" uniform is the one your BOFFs have when they join your crew, but it's really ugly.
Lieutenant
# 10
08-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Sigh.

Canon for the GAME. Meaning what fits in best.

Trolling with irrelevant pics is childish.