Captain
# 1 kirking in arena pugs
06-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Light turns green and there he goes, Captain Solo Guy is going to kick all 5 of the enemy asses by himself, while the rest of the team is still getting the powertray sorted out, launching pets, and generally waking up. Sure enough he gets killed about the time the rest of the team is working up-field, leaving them with 4v5 for the next couple of minutes. At that point its recoverable only if the other 4 are monsters that can win with a man short.

Why? Stop it please! Wait for the group!
Empire Veteran
# 2
06-09-2014, 05:34 PM
dont be that guy that crawls to the middle of the map as slowly as possible, that can cause an unintended spawn camp. that guys worse
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
NO! Full impulse into the swarm. If your team has a healer, remember always stay at least 10.5km away from him at all times. Its one of the Pug Rules you know.
Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
House of Beautiful Orions / SVK Elite
PUNISH THE FEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmini View Post
the past is the past and the future is BLOOD RED.
Lieutenant
# 4
06-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Kirking is OP,please nerf it Cryptic.

It gives 60% chance to win Arena Match by yourself.

There are also Engineer Doffs that reduces cooldown to Kirking.

They are very rare quality and cost 100m EC on exchange.

Also can be obtainable via special Captain Kirk Lockbox.

Stackable up to 3 times.
Captain
# 5
06-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Would be nifty if Cryptic could straighten out some of the calc/recalc issues that take place with zoning, get all the loadout stuff squared away (it's a trip, I've had more issues since they fixed it than I did before they fixed it - some toons that had no issues are no having issues - meh), if they could have a stall period at the very start to give everybody the time for the warp in (it's a trip sometimes when my warp in completes and everybody's already gone - sometimes it's a bunch of us waiting for two guys that we know are there, they're just not there yet)...

You know, honestly, it's hard to bother with anything outside of doing a daily box here and there in PvE...and then just finding something else to do.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Community Moderator
# 6
06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsharp View Post
NO! Full impulse into the swarm. If your team has a healer, remember always stay at least 10.5km away from him at all times. Its one of the Pug Rules you know.
Wait...I'm not supposed to full impulse into the fray?

Explains what I keep doing wrong then...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 7
06-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Wait...I'm not supposed to full impulse into the fray?
only if you dont have a cloak
Captain
# 8
06-09-2014, 07:04 PM
What you really should do is form into a column (battle stream) behind the beefiest, most tanky Cruiser (rocket) you have, and then proceed forward.

And don't forget to DIIIIIVE!!! when you need to!
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Captain
# 9
06-09-2014, 07:27 PM
so...

i is not ze kirks?

sadface
Captain
# 10
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
dont be that guy that crawls to the middle of the map as slowly as possible, that can cause an unintended spawn camp. that guys worse
I agree. KDF have always jetted across to engage the Feds (granted it was w/cloaks or cloaking support). Personally, I go for the player on the other side who's lagging behind in the rear of their team. Tends to split the other team up, one group comes after me while they other is caught up w/my side's slow boaters.

OP, this is one of the downsides of the shared faction queues. I never understood why feds slow boated it away from their spawn. Even if they wanted time to group up they should move away from the spawn. Anyway KDF usually rush to the other side. Get used to it like, KDF have to get used to crappy damage from random Fed slowboat pugmates.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter