Career Officer
# 121
10-14-2013, 11:49 PM
And why is my Eng listed as a Tac?

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 122
10-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
And why is my Eng listed as a Tac?
Engineers are detected by their use of RSF/MW, and Scis are detected by their Photonic Fleets.

If you had easy matches and did not use RSF/MW, one cannot tell the difference between an Eng and a Tac. Also I only recently resolved an issue with the log file output of german STO clients that prevented correct Eng detection.
http://hilbertguide.com
Career Officer
# 123
10-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Ah, ok, thanks.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 124
10-15-2013, 06:58 PM
You know, Hilbert, if you wanted an extra source of information to determine usage of abilities you could probably set up something using demos. Although it's true that they're mainly focused for creating movies (and as such lack any sort of ability usage data), you could probably infer a great deal from the vfx that is generated (e.g. identify when SNB is used and who it's used on; see who's deploying their Scattering Fields when, etc.). It'd probably require lots of extra parsing and correlating vfx IDs to the abilities that they're used by, though.

I remember trying this myself a month or so back; I could see when flashy things like Scattering Field were deployed, and there'd be an entry in the demo that instructed the player to create and center the vfx on my ship at that time.

Just a thought.
Resist viewer! See shield/hull resists! Read about it here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 125
10-27-2013, 01:22 AM
http://hilbertguide.com/leaderboard/...27%2003:42:53&
At the time I posted it, this match, a copy of the one before it on my score list, is listed as a Zero. It's driving everyone on it's score down, figured you might like to know. I'm assuming there were too many discrepancies between it and the other copy and it caused an issue. Figured you might want to know to avoid this in the future.....and because I don't like my score being so low! Thanks XD
Career Officer
# 126
10-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Thank you for letting me know.

Apparently both players started reporting within one second of each other and thus the first data set was still incomplete when the second player wanted to start a new one and my merging algorithm could not yet detect the duplicate. And then the finalising command was applied to the wrong encounter since I did not expect the mergin algorithm to fail.

I have removed the duplicate encounter and will fix the underlying problem once I have some time.
http://hilbertguide.com
Ensign
# 127
01-10-2014, 02:01 AM
It seems one of my matches on Skittles was double posted (in a way, it was one match but it came out with 2 completely different stat lines).

Also my matches are recording for both my characters I pvp with Ne'Hi and Skittles but it seems Skittles name is not appearing in the 24 hour list although NeHi's are even though I have higher scores with Skittles than on Ne'Hi and the required number of games to appear on the last 24 hour list.
Career Officer
# 128
01-10-2014, 03:07 AM
I believe for a match to show it has to have a balance rating of .25 or above.

-Edit- Just checked your scores and yes, they are below .25

Last edited by ussenterpisez; 01-10-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Ensign
# 129
01-10-2014, 03:12 AM
Thanx for the quick reply, that sounds very reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 130
01-10-2014, 03:29 AM
I still think there is a bug with it. Last time i used it, a few matches we had was 5v5, everyone active, balance was well above .25 (more like .40 or .50) and still it wasnt submitted or even recognized by the tool.

I even removed the log and rebuild it, something must be off.
Read the book of the Rihannsu.