# 31
08-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
Oh nvm, i refrain from my earlier message :p
Career Officer
# 32
08-20-2013, 09:14 PM
is it okay if I only submit logs of games I dominate in, and not the games where I dont do as well?

You see where I am going with this, yes?

'imo' - Leaderboards are the bane of pvp gaming.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
08-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
is it okay if I only submit logs of games I dominate in, and not the games where I dont do as well?

Meh, it is still fun, take it for what it is worth.
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Career Officer
# 34
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
This requires quite a bit of constant logfile resetting. And then you have to hope that nobody you encounter in your not-so-good games reports match data...

Currenty it is so that totally dominating Tacs have a better chance to get super high scores simply because they can get excellent values in all three flexible categories: damage, healing and kills. This is not easily solved unless one simply discards onesided matches, or attaches penalties to such matches (but this brings other problems too). Particularly the kill score rises significantly when one singlehandedly destroys an enemy group (doing this alone is better for your score than doing it as a team of super tacs).

Or maybe I could attempt to calculate a "match quality rating" and display the average match quality next to the player's score in the ranking so that people can judge for themselves whether the numbers are justified.
http://hilbertguide.com

Last edited by mancom; 08-20-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Captain
# 35
08-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Some general comments and criticisms.
  • The installer. Needs to detect the language on the computer - had to guess at what buttons did, since I don't speak German.
  • Privacy concerns. What if people don't wish to have their name up on the leaderboards? (Not saying me, but there are people out there who are nutty about privacy concerns)
  • Segregation by career only. There should be an option to choose by ship, by role (healer, damage dealer etc) and by type of match.
  • Certain roles not recognized. Such as movement control ships.
  • Updating seems to be erratic. I just played 3 rounds of Arena on one character, and only two rounds have actually been processed by the website. Another character was recorded by someone else on the team, but it only shows results from more than a week ago.
  • Application ambiguity. When do I use start/stop and save?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Commander
# 36
08-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Some general comments and criticisms.
  • The installer. Needs to detect the language on the computer - had to guess at what buttons did, since I don't speak German.
  • Privacy concerns. What if people don't wish to have their name up on the leaderboards? (Not saying me, but there are people out there who are nutty about privacy concerns)
  • Segregation by career only. There should be an option to choose by ship, by role (healer, damage dealer etc) and by type of match.
  • Certain roles not recognized. Such as movement control ships.
  • Updating seems to be erratic. I just played 3 rounds of Arena on one character, and only two rounds have actually been processed by the website. Another character was recorded by someone else on the team, but it only shows results from more than a week ago.
  • Application ambiguity. When do I use start/stop and save?

Relax its just beta.

Privacy is up to the point that you can hide your @handle afaik with an option in the program.

Only successful 5v5's are upped to hilberts database, not 5v4's or w.e. i believe.

The roles are really hard to 'detect' because of the limited data in the combatlogs.
Commander
# 37
08-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
This requires quite a bit of constant logfile resetting. And then you have to hope that nobody you encounter in your not-so-good games reports match data...

Currenty it is so that totally dominating Tacs have a better chance to get super high scores simply because they can get excellent values in all three flexible categories: damage, healing and kills. This is not easily solved unless one simply discards onesided matches, or attaches penalties to such matches (but this brings other problems too). Particularly the kill score rises significantly when one singlehandedly destroys an enemy group (doing this alone is better for your score than doing it as a team of super tacs).

Or maybe I could attempt to calculate a "match quality rating" and display the average match quality next to the player's score in the ranking so that people can judge for themselves whether the numbers are justified.
YEah I think overall it wont get that far. I just use it everywhere especially against good premade teams so you ahve a better picture of the builds effectiveness (Somewhat)

Pugstomping is just giving yourself an inaccurate rating anyway.
(And on that matter, if you pugstomp you pretty much are either a decent player (compared to the pugs) anyway so i guess it will all normalize pretty okish.
Career Officer
# 38
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
I have added more information about individual matches.
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 39
08-23-2013, 10:29 AM
What exactly is Utilities?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:

dont worry ill be sure to catch u goons when ur slacking just like eve, when winners post, losers get their shame recorded. i only posted 3 games but show up in 10 people have posted during period.

good luck trying to hide, maybe just dotn sign up? its voluntary afterall

i am as good as my green the board says, upper middies. its been better :0

iv been after this idea since it was utilized in my first trek game of note, sfc3 in form of wgl leagues. me and stardagger both topped the 1v1 ranks (during seperate eras, we never met in game)

For anyone who says pvp is dead, this is like phoenixdown rebirth the last chance against the ruby weapon/ so many escoteric references, so little time.