Captain
# 1 Dahminus' 15k+ Charal build
08-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone, this is Dahminus (a.k.a Joker@acceleron)

I have decided to tell everyone my 15k dps build just for the hell of it. If you like the build, post something or let me know in game

2 things to say, a kumari will push this build much farther and a t'varo would be a whole new ball game...I'll let the public figure out how to out fit those ships using my build as a baseline.

Here ya go...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...hminuscharal_0

I am missing the Fleet core, rule 62 console, and not using Mk xii tact consoles so the spa of my charal will continue to climb.

Dps will increase when more people in group use ap:beta

Ap: o can be replaced with ap:B for even more dps. I just like omega

Don't care if there is any hate on my build, it works for me and act don't lie

Quick edit: DOFFS!!! And others

Torp rotation is rom first, quantum second and omega third.

Three projectile doffs, blue will get the job done but purple IA a more pretty color

Romulan boffs for tactical slots

Kumari will mean a loss of rsp for another tact team, another rom boff and another tact console

Cheers and have a great day...you do need to the doffs for this build
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree

Last edited by dahminus; 08-13-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-13-2013, 10:12 AM
lol wow, a 15k torp boat build. Interesting.

What did you parse this over? I'm guessing an STF, but just to satisfy my curiosity.

I'll have to take your word for this, I hate torpedos, refuse to run them and so I'm not specced in them. You should probably include your skills to make this build actually useful.

If anyone wants a 20k Kumari energy build I have one I can post.

P.S what's with the Jem Hadar engine? That's pretty bizarre.

Also I get the feeling leech is a waste on this ship, given the amount of torpedos and lack of energy weapons. It'll be pretty slow to build up, I'd probably just scrap it altogether if it were me.
Commander
# 3
08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
well the first million dollar question is why not a fleet plasma and then plasma torp consoles
that should be a healthy boost to firepower, not that i think 3 torps 2 cannons looks like a great idea in general ...
Captain
# 4
08-13-2013, 10:44 AM
ok 15k dps, i'll take your word for it...but there is a lot of potential improvement. plasma projectile weapon consoles being only one, why not? Those are like super cheap!
next question: is this ship ideal for such a setup? as you write yourself, a T'varo would be more devestating i guess.

basically no shield heal? keeping shields up is like the bread and butter in this game.
also i think 3 projectile doffs is overkill...in my experiance with 3 launchers you have a near 100% proc already with 1...most definately already with 2.

adapted maco engine would go better i think, and a more defenseive deflector would be my choice.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 5
08-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Ok, the rom weapons are there for the disrupter and plasma procs....fleet disruptor may be a boost there as the embassy console grants non plasmas the plasma proc....interesting proposal

Fleet plasma torp actually sounds amazing...damn...and now I feel like...i don't know a scrub that hit pay dirt. the build can be refined so much further yet it is pulling 15k atm. I feel excited with anticipation I guess

Plasmonic leech is there to buff everything, it caps out fairly quick despite only 3 energy weapons...and it is the leech...cmon

Every stf over 15k+ for the full run.

Captain
# 6
08-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
ok 15k dps, i'll take your word for it...but there is a lot of potential improvement. plasma projectile weapon consoles being only one, why not? Those are like super cheap!
next question: is this ship ideal for such a setup? as you write yourself, a T'varo would be more devestating i guess.

basically no shield heal? keeping shields up is like the bread and butter in this game.
also i think 3 projectile doffs is overkill...in my experiance with 3 launchers you have a near 100% proc already with 1...most definately already with 2.

adapted maco engine would go better i think, and a more defenseive deflector would be my choice.
Duly noted on the consoles/plasma torp. I wasn't expecting soo many additions on improvements. This is, just awesome. 15k is going to be chump dps...hell, 20k might be chump dps...i can't wait. too bad there isn't a need for such high dps but it sure is fun

Rsp and emergency shield is all I need in stfs, and being a fed...the charal looked pretty good at the time. Already admitted that the t'varo is the god ship for this build

Ensign
# 7
08-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post

If anyone wants a 20k Kumari energy build I have one I can post.
LOL - yes please! always looking for ways to improve my own Kumari
Career Officer
# 8
08-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Interesting concept, im gonna give this one a try coz i have most stuff except the adapted maco set & romulan weapons.... but thats just dili & marks....

Embassy Flowcap consoles would improve damage, as would a change of tac consoles ...

And comparing the adapted maco engine to the jem engine, i would also think the adapted one the better of the 2, as for the weapons power bonus, the jem gives it to weapons, while the adapted maco gives it to all the other systems in total higher quantity.

If all u are looking for is the 2pc bonus of the adapted maco set .... use the deflector & engine, and use the regular maco shield for higher regen, better absorb and +2 power to all systems when receiving incomming fire .....

As for the base effectivness .... it would probably help alot if u post what your skills are as well ... since 0 or 9 points in projectiles is a huge difference on this build (same with flowcaps)....
Captain
# 9
08-14-2013, 07:25 AM
The maco shield boost to systems doesnt stack with the leech, main reason why my choice of adapted. Also, the jem engines are there due to what I had at the time and my lack of dil...

My consoles have switched from warheads to ambiplasma and the quatum to plasma....the change in dps was ridiculous.
Commander
# 10
08-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
The maco shield boost to systems doesnt stack with the leech, main reason why my choice of adapted. Also, the jem engines are there due to what I had at the time and my lack of dil...

My consoles have switched from warheads to ambiplasma and the quatum to plasma....the change in dps was ridiculous.
can we get a parse of ridiculous? XD