Lt. Commander
# 121 Just Wondering
09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I was just wondering how much the online charge would be for the game, and if the suspected xbox360 version would still run off Live Gold.
Lt. Commander
# 122
09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Man, every time more information is released about STO the more excited I get about this game. Can't wait to hear more.
Lt. Commander
# 123 Beta tester
09-02-2008, 12:39 AM
How does one become a beta tester?
Lt. Commander
# 124
09-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Discuss this thought for a minute, lets say that in fact they did intend to allow you to make your ship pink.

I understand this may be in the direction of an all ready decided direction, but I don't like the Idea to start with the player is born into the game with a ship to start. with.

The idea that each player has a ship leads me to think that this is very much instant jump in and start playing with very little need for planing or developing.

It would also be, stealing a line " It would be a far gone conclusion that in ST lore hard canon would dictate that only those organised entities were capable of flying ships of any kind, shuttle in ST where only ever adapted for relatively slow flight and could not maintain the needed and constant speed that a much larger vessel was able to produce.

What I am getting at here is that hard core canon would dictate that if you have a shuttle size ship then that ship is limited to distance or it docks at another ship and star ship types regardless of the race were controlled by organized beings such as the federation, Klingon, romulan their ships were operated by its organised members.

I never liked the idea " that creating the program or writing the code was simply to difficult to accomplish and so lets put it aside and go an easier way, I also do understand that the level of programing needed would be like having the same control amount programing resource to control content in one planet, don't care that is what was developed and promised.

Witch is exactly what it appears here, I have been very positive up to now, but from the context of suggestions given as to what player may actually be able to do, hard canon says there were no random colors in any of the races, if the federation was white, or off white, grey, or what ever color ships that fine, but then all those ships regardless of glass were the same color because they belong to the federation not the player.

Same for the Klingon, for all the races no one privately owned a star ship that's not considered soft canon, that's not canon at all.

I have waited a very long time as a previous forum member and public support of the game as my presence like thousands of other people who participated gave rise to the interest that kept the developers creating the game and enough interest that you decided to take over creating the game when the opportunity was made available.3.5 years after it started, I don't mind as many have already said waiting 2, 3, even 4 years.

I did my part I want what was promised, I want to be able to have my team, my guild, my members, (you fill in the blanks) to be real players to play with me in the ship I am in.

I don't want to leap into a ship, I was not born because I was a burning star, I want to be able to mold and develop my character, THAT IS CHARACTOR CONTROL AND CHARACTORIZATION" not make up!

I want my progress to go through the academy, or in the royal rombulan chambers.
If I just wanted to play and get in the their and fly in space craft, I would simply play what was all ready a working model and that would be EVE.

I don't want to play EVE I want to play STO, I spent three years contributing ideas and conversations, submitting to Dev polls, when this damn thing first started and like several thousand other people, we WANT WHAT WAS PROMICED.

I don't want to be content with what we get, I want what we talked about for the last 3.5 damn years.
I am more than willing to wait for that to be created, but I am not willing to wait for an easier dumbed down version of the same concept.

You guys say you are original, and you will stay really to hard cannon well lets start by being original and not go on a pilfering mode of other game mechanics or clones.

If the game is all about me the player ( each one that plays will create their own destination, their own adventure) then don't give me a paint by the numbers painting, I want to develop my character, develop my adversaries, friends, mates developing, character customizing them is not about what color my hate is or what sticky note shall I piut on my ship.

Now by my count I have contributed more in my post rant here then what you have responding to, the literal hundreds of questions that were given, and you say your considering another Q/A why so that you can answer even less than what has all ready been asked.

We would like those Q/A all answered you asked for them right, don't waste my time you have a game to develop so develop what has been asked for, agreed to, and promised.

You want my support now and you also want it when it comes time to pay to play, then I want what I was all ready promised. and I don't care who promised it you took this project on with the aspect of having this community support all ready established and having a ready made pool of paying future customer before even spending a dime in any advertising even before buying the rights to STO you knew this support ready made customer base all ready existed.
Lt. Commander
# 125
09-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Calm...........the game will be awesome
Lt. Commander
# 126
09-03-2008, 05:40 AM
dude mellow out it's not even in beta and looks good
Lt. Commander
# 127
09-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Im wandering about charicter personal weponary, will we be able to build our own and modify them, perhaps even sell them to other players
Lt. Commander
# 128
09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
last vid i saw said you they could be Customized
Lt. Commander
# 129
09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
that will be really cool!! cant wait!
Lt. Commander
# 130
09-05-2008, 01:59 AM
There have been klingon ships, I cant think of the name of the organization atm and im at work so i can't get the book.. but they helped the federation during the watraii stuff, but one of the birds of prey were painted stark white... they were sort of separate from the KDF tho..

I agree you would never see a Starfleet (i say Starfleet cause there are non SF Federation vessels) painted in any strange color, except maybe a black section 31 ship here and there.

Perhaps they mean accent pain jobs, and not a full body custom paint job. There have been ships with different accent colors in cannon. I don't think it mentioned exactly how much could be painted.. but all the ships in the vid were standard Starfleet for the most part.