Lt. Commander
# 11
08-25-2008, 02:38 PM
All of this was already answered on the video before (I think), but he didn't really answer the first part of the first question... the question was will STO be considered canon?

so does that mean that if it is, then while the game is going on then no new star trek series will be released? or If they're set before STO, they'd have to be very strictly controlled so that the content meshes well with what takes place in STO(which is supposed to be in the future (after nemesis)). or even if set after STO, content would have to be very painstakingly controlled, but would then control the future of the game...

I'd like to hear any comments on this if any of my rambling made any sense! thanks for the Q&A tho!
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks For The Info.
Going To Be Interesting To See Exactly How Play Actions Effect New Races That Are Discovered. Aggressive Diplomacy Between Klingon And Federation Captains Over A Newly Discovered Race... I Like It.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-25-2008, 02:47 PM
You guys do a beautifull job with the development and all the new features.

Don't forget about the Romulans!
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRedshirt View Post
Not to bag too much, but there were like 50 pages of questions, and you only answered a couple? ?????

Also, with the ship customization, why is it necessary to give people THAT much ability to change their ships? Color? Decals? Does this mean we should expect pink Bird of Prey ships flying around with Barbie decals and blue flames?

I know, my opinion doesn't mean squat, but I have to say it anyways that I have a major lack of faith here. Are we making Star Trek, Online or are we making an MMO that is simply called Star Trek?
Couldn't agree more, especially the custamization stuff. I don't want to see an orange Galaxy class ship with flower prints on it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sure the customization aspect will certainly have limits.. I doubt decals and fleet insignia will be HUGE compared to your ship and probably have some guidleines for size and design, coloration, etc.. as I'm sure will your ships.. I doubt we'll be seeing bring pink and yellow polka-dotted starships flying around.. I'd imagine if anything they would be very subtle hues.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeper View Post
Couldn't agree more, especially the custamization stuff. I don't want to see an orange Galaxy class ship with flower prints on it.
I just have a hard time grasping this customization initiative outside of allowing some kitbashing of pre-developed in game ships. Starfleet has been around for close to 230 years. In that time, Captains have not been given the ability or choice to modify their ships in such a manner to give it a "personal touch" outside of the decor in their ready room, the motto on a ship plaque, etc. I'm having a hard time believing that after 230 years, suddenly something happens between 2379 and 2409 that now Captains can paint their ships blue, put some lightning and flames on and that everything is hunky dory.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I cant really see a problem with having the ability to dictate what colour of ship you want.

if there are some people who think that pink is not really a colour one only has to look at a sunset or sunrise

with regards to those who think pink is too errrrrr feminine then perhaps being whooped by a fleet of pink ships might be just the thing they need to wake them up.

anyway perhaps someone could give us a little hint as to its release date......not the exact one but perhaps tell us if this is going to be relased in 2008 or are we going to have to wait till 2009 before we see it on the shelves

something else which has not been mentioned is the subscription price oh and while i am at it i take it there will be European servers? or is this going to be all on one server?

if they are separate will it be easier to change between servers ie from usa server to euro server? and would people from usa be restricted to usa servers and visa versa for europeans

will there be playtime cards available in stores or is this going to be just via credit card and if by credit card are you going to have everything in place ready? unlike wow who took all of 2 years to realise that 'Switch' was replaced with 'Maestro' so that you had a 50/50 chance your card would work.

just thought i would put in my two penneth worth

thanks for keeping us informed
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoofy View Post
I cant really see a problem with having the ability to dictate what colour of ship you want.
When was the last time you saw a pink, orange, yellow, green, blue or purple Starfleet vessel? (Outside of the Welles class of course)

And unlike later on in your post, this isn't a matter of thinking pink is too feminine or any of that BS. This is about immersion factor. This is about making the game world feel like a person is really there, as a Captain in Starfleet. I don't want to fly around seeing ships that are all colors of the rainbow, because it looses the uniformity of it all, thereby severely reducing the immersion factor.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
well I heard that the other game is coming out next april or so, and this definitely isn't going to be before that. so its probably at least in the second half of 2009