Lt. Commander
# 41
08-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRedshirt View Post
Also, with the ship customization, why is it necessary to give people THAT much ability to change their ships? Color? Decals? Does this mean we should expect pink Bird of Prey ships flying around with Barbie decals and blue flames?

I know, my opinion doesn't mean squat, but I have to say it anyways that I have a major lack of faith here. Are we making Star Trek, Online or are we making an MMO that is simply called Star Trek?
I have to agree with RandomRedshirt. Birds of Prey have always been green, to go against that it to firmly go against cannon.
Furthermore, there are certain ship characteristics that are distinctive to each race. (Okay, I know that's the wrong word) For example, ALL starfleet ships have two nascells that are distinct from the primary hull, ALL Romulan ships blend them together fairly well, etc. I agree that their should be some customization of ship design, but everyone needs to be able to recognize what race (again, the wrong word) you belong to based on the basic design of your ship, as is highly noticable within ALL Star Trek Cannon. So let us have some fun with designs, but don't give us the tools to go overboard.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Ok so noone is going to read what I am typing but, Was anyone else like / What the heck? We knew everything they choose to answer while leaving out the most controversial and important questions. Perhaps even a "We know you want to know about ITEM A or ITEM B, but due to the development process we cannot divulge any info on it atm."

So basically 19 or so pages of questions and we get about 5 already answered questions.... Now I am not trying to be ungrateful, but let us think about this for a moment, whats the point in generating so many questions if they are ignored?
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcommander View Post
So basically 19 or so pages of questions and we get about 5 already answered questions.... Now I am not trying to be ungrateful, but let us think about this for a moment, whats the point in generating so many questions if they are ignored?
Good question, though the questions they did pick had nothing to them to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey it's better then nothing
I'm just glad the community is getting heard
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-25-2008, 06:12 PM
This was a really fantastic Q&A and that photo is hilarious. Thanks.

I'm particularly excited to learn more about how exactly the exploration mechanics work and are made fun. Is there a skill element or is it travel time ending with a roll of the dice? Also, do Klingons really let other races on their ships? Would it be possible for them to gain technology instead of recruits. . . basically let Star Fleet's diversity provide them with bonuses while the Klingon's brutality provides them with stolen technology?
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thinker
I Furthermore, there are certain ship characteristics that are distinctive to each race. For example, ALL starfleet ships have two nascells that are distinct from the primary hull, I agree that their should be some customization of ship design, but everyone needs to be able to recognize what race (again, the wrong word) you belong to based on the basic design of your ship, as is highly noticable within ALL Star Trek Cannon. So let us have some fun with designs, but don't give us the tools to go overboard.
Somehow, I don't think that Cryptic will allow you to go overboard with colours, as they have stated that ship design and customisation will fall within specified perameters.

And also, not ALL Starfleet ships had two nacelles distinct from the primary hull: the Constellation class (USS Stargazer) had four, and the Enterprise D Refit (from All Good Things...) had three.
Lt. Commander
# 47 Thanks
08-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Wonderful!! Peace, Love and Fruitloops
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the Q&A, guys - and ahoy, Cap'n Geko! Always nice to see a familiar face.
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Good stuff, wish they answered a bit more hehe
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
This was great! Thank you very much!