Lt. Commander
# 121
08-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlamidiot View Post
How many good vapers run a tb or some kind of hold? Or are people content to shoot from the hip?
For what I've seen, most good alpha strikers use photonic shockwave 1/3 and tractor beam 1.
"Achiever Killers often look to 1v1 duels for proof of their superior play and are frustrated by "rock paper scissor" game mechanics."
That's me !
Captain
# 122
08-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Hrmm, it appears that something is off in regard to the actual firing cycle of the DBBs. The DPV/DPS suggests that it has a 4/5 firing cycle. But if you look at the parse for it, that's not the case.

There's a 1s activation and a 1s recharge. That's 2s. There's a 1s delay between each shot. Even the 1s is somewhat rounded down.

1s trigger delay(activation)
2s Shot #1
3s Shot #2
4s Shot #3
5s Shot #4
6s Recharge
7s is not Shot#5

There's another second there. There's actually somewhere between 2.1-3.3 or so seconds - on average it showed a 2.5s gap between firing the last shot in a cycle and the first shot in a cycle.

That's a ~4/6.5 cycle and not a 4/5 cycle.

Hrmm, that's not what I was expecting to find when I was looking at the 1x vs. 2x DBB. I was basically just trying to look at the activation time (which is 1s instead and not 0.5s) to see if it was an at play/autofire/etc sort of thing.

Depending on how one triggered the weapons, there would be a benefit to running 2x DBB (that benefit could be lost, mind you - so 1x DBB would provide them the same result)...
Career Officer
# 123
08-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
For what I've seen, most good alpha strikers use photonic shockwave 1/3 and tractor beam 1.
None of the good alphastrikers use PSW, unless using a BOP.

PSW 1 isn't the old PSW with the good duration. Inertial Dampeners cuts the effectiveness severely. PSW 3 is the best option and that's only viable on a BOP.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 124
08-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
None of the good alphastrikers use PSW, unless using a BOP.

PSW 1 isn't the old PSW with the good duration. Inertial Dampeners cuts the effectiveness severely. PSW 3 is the best option and that's only viable on a BOP.
Agreed, i tried it with a nadeon detonator as well, pants really. Mini Max's old build was the best in a bop
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
Captain
# 125
08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0h4n4 View Post
Agreed, i tried it with a nadeon detonator as well, pants really. Mini Max's old build was the best in a bop
When the Nad Detonator worked with the PSW DOFFs...well, that was fun.
Lt. Commander
# 126
08-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Fyi the Elachi torp is base 2s + 1s/100subd and didn't seem to care about ID. HYT is pretty reliable for stun proc.
Captain
# 127
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
This build is so OP I had to get out of my 2dbb Tvaro for a few days, was feeling kind of guilty sometimes, maybe I'll try it again a 1dbb 3dhc build with the penetration doffs and see how that compares to it.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 128
09-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Yeah, I'm not a fan of this mechanic - it's way too much burst damage in a short window. I'll probably take a look at this soon.
Yeah well just remember how much Marion cost I have a life a family and need to make a real life living to pay bills

Sto is
my fun on the side I will probably never have time agin to earn as much ec as it cost me so don't go breaking the whole mechanic of Marion

And most bops rely on BO for their alphas so watch how you work it or you might well just end up netting the kdf yet again
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Ensign
# 129
09-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Double tapping beam overload has been around forever I don't see why this is all of the sudden a big deal? Even before Marion and warp cores it was doable with tapping beam overload 1 first to minimize power drain and then using beam overload II hoping that it didn't miss and it got a good crit. I still don't bother with III. Even then to do it right you need to be in the right place at the right time. Believe it or not this is not something that is easy to do. Please tell me your not all getting your ass handed to you by this tactic on a regular basis. If that is the case please take a look at your defenses and resists. I'm not advocating for or against anything here this is just surprising to me that it is now a big deal considering how long people have been doing this.
Lieutenant
# 130
09-07-2013, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by europeandebtor View Post
Double tapping beam overload has been around forever I don't see why this is all of the sudden a big deal? Even before Marion and warp cores it was doable with tapping beam overload 1 first to minimize power drain and then using beam overload II hoping that it didn't miss and it got a good crit. I still don't bother with III. Even then to do it right you need to be in the right place at the right time. Believe it or not this is not something that is easy to do. Please tell me your not all getting your ass handed to you by this tactic on a regular basis. If that is the case please take a look at your defenses and resists. I'm not advocating for or against anything here this is just surprising to me that it is now a big deal considering how long people have been doing this.
yes double tap exists for a long time, but before it was defendable with high hull and a couple of neutroniuns even one was enough... even if the double tapper used a weapons battery in between the overloads to push the weapons power up... i defend it all the time in kerrat on my vesta easly...

now with all the doff crap buffing it, weapons with 50% and 100% shield penetration+hull debuff its impossible even on a recluse with 4 neutroniuns and 4 field gen with resilient shields, full points on energy resistence full shields a double tapper with minimal skill will get the kill, now imagine teams running 2 of them shooting the same person at the same time witch is not very difficult if you have a team with good coordination...

i will be honest i tryed double tap and i suck at it, but even sucking at it me and zelda double teaming on a target was a easy kill...

then we have the case of MT that seems to do what no one else is able to do in his double tap... that he alone kills a recluse easy...

now like i said in another post with:
Direct Energy Modulation doff no weapons drain
Beam Overload Doff 35% shield penetration
Battery doff that increases damage by 10% per doff
Tac team doff that gives you accuracy
Piercing Tetryon Dual beam banks 50% shield penetration
Elachi weapons 100% shield penetration + hull debuff

you really just need to decloak shoot kill run...

and like i said there is no skill when a player dies in less than 1 second...
because for a healer its impossible to react on time... im one of the faster reactors on my team when im on my healer i was already acused of botting because of that and even i cant react ontime...

my reaction times are arround 250ms to 400ms + connection travel arround 100ms x3(opponent shooting 100ms,server responding + 100ms, me sending information+100ms) , at the time im pressing the keybind for the player and the keybind for the respective heal he's dead...

the only cases were we are able to heal on time is when the double tapper takes that little bit long...