Lieutenant
# 11
08-14-2013, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty sure the only reason why it was purple in that movie was for that one scene at the end when the klingon assassin gets killed and has red blood giving away that he was really human.
Career Officer
# 12
08-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
it was red several times during Ds9
It was red in first contact, when Worf beamed over to the Enterprise after the Defiant was abandoned. When Riker had his fun with the remark about Worf remembering how to fire phasers.
There was red blood on Worf's face, unless it was someone else's, (which would be really gross...)
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Worf_2373.jpg

I almost missed that little detail, fortunately, I upgraded to blueray for my HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
When Lursa is struck by Dr.Soron ( or Zoron? ) in Generations, she clearly has red blood on her lip and teeth.

Again you see it when she wipes some on his lip. Yuck. No, it;s not from his hand and palm, you see it with no cut or blood.

Every writer/director has they own ideas on what's canon and what's not. Same with games.
I forgot about that one !
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty

Last edited by vengefuldjinn; 08-14-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
08-15-2013, 11:52 PM
TUC is literally the odd man out when it comes to Klingons having pink blood.
Captain
# 14
08-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertuso View Post
I'm pretty sure the only reason why it was purple in that movie was for that one scene at the end when the klingon assassin gets killed and has red blood giving away that he was really human.
Yeah, but that reason doesn't exactly provide an in-universe explanation...

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Career Officer
# 15
08-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertuso View Post
Nope. That scene was not even IN the theatrical cut, only the video and DVD versions

The reason were the scenes on the Klingon cruiser with people getting blown to pieces.
You can't do that in a PG movie and show red blood.
Career Officer
# 16
08-17-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Look at the back wall behind Kirk, there's the company logo for the yogurt advertising sauce.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Career Officer
# 17
08-17-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Assuming you need one for this...well one that has been tossed around is that Klingon blood has a different colour in zero-g.
Doesn't really make sense IMO because then it should've changed back by the time gravity was restored...unless by then it had already congealed in combination with the oxygen to a point where it couldn't revert to its natural colour.

Another I just came up with is that at that time of the 6th movie the artificial atmosphere in Klingons ships was different from the one on the homeworld and that there was something in the atmosphere that caused the change in colour.
We know divers use an airmix different from what we usually breathe on the surface, maybe this is similar.
But possibly this airmix was no longer in use by time of Star Trek 7, explaining why B'etor's blood had looked red.

Possibly Colonel Worf was still able to tell Col West's blood apart from Klingon blood not because of colour but because of constency he did not say "this is not Klingon blood" until after he'd touched it.

I believe this explanation should cover the entire mess at least somewhat.
Career Officer
# 18
08-17-2013, 03:59 AM
Look at the back wall..................there's the answer.

* sighs *

Humans.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Captain
# 19
08-17-2013, 09:04 AM
I bet it's one of those things Klingons don't like to talk about, like the cranial ridges (and lack of them).