Ensign
Things I wish I knew early on...

a) How to disable the global notifications that spam in the center of the screen every time someone gets a new ship. I went through every option and couldnt find it until a guildie discovered that its burried under the gear symbol in the right corner of the chat box. Really? I didnt even notice the gear symbol. Why wouldnt access to it be from the Options screen as well at the very least?

b) Diverting power to weapons. Little button on the interface, totally did not notice it, and what a difference it makes! My ship went from being meh to being awesome with a single click of a button, and I only found this when I was level 47. Something so critical to not sucking should be maybe on by default?

c) The game becomes significantly easier when you bind key functions like fire all weapons to mouse thumb buttons (mouse 4 and 5). I have weapons, shields and impulse all bound there and what an improvement! No more fumbling around for the impulse button or distribute power to shields.

d) Auto fire on weapons. It is not very intuitive that you can right click all those weapon icons to get them to auto fire. And the difference? Amazing! Instead of having to press a button every 2 seconds I can press it once for the duration of the whole fight and then focus on flying and abilities.
Captain
# 2
08-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annexsto2 View Post

b) Diverting power to weapons. Little button on the interface, totally did not notice it, and what a difference it makes! My ship went from being meh to being awesome with a single click of a button, and I only found this when I was level 47. Something so critical to not sucking should be maybe on by default?
This is what 70% of the general population is unaware of. How can I verify? Let's just say I've seen it first hand "multiple" times.
Captain
# 3
08-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
This is what 70% of the general population is unaware of. How can I verify? Let's just say I've seen it first hand "multiple" times.
The reason that is not on by default, is it lowers power to everything else. And when you're first starting a character, you have little to no bonuses for any energy division, so maxing weapon pwr will leave you high & dry on shields, engine, and aux power.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-11-2013, 07:02 AM
This thread allowed me to finally turn off those ******n lockbox notifications. For that, you have earned my gratitude.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-11-2013, 03:28 PM
All those things are in the manual...
Career Officer
# 6
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
All those things are in the manual...
And none of them are spoken about in the audio intro nor are they tooltipped upon entering the game the first time with the very first character in the borg tutorial.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annexsto2 View Post
Things I wish I knew early on...

a) How to disable the global notifications that spam in the center of the screen every time someone gets a new ship. I went through every option and couldnt find it until a guildie discovered that its burried under the gear symbol in the right corner of the chat box. Really? I didnt even notice the gear symbol. Why wouldnt access to it be from the Options screen as well at the very least?
Would you care to clarify specifically which option that is, because no matter what I disable under chat options, my notifications never go away,...
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-17-2013, 10:13 PM
It's under notification options, not chat options. Uncheck gameplay announcements under fly-in. It doesn't mute that channel in the chat (unless you deselect that option too) but it will stop the fly-ins in the middle of the screen.