Empire Veteran
# 1 BNP to FM project?
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
I like STFs. There I said it. I don't find them grindy as I enjoy them and so do my fleet mates. We do eSTFs several times a day for fun.

Problem is, I now have 1300 Borg Nerual Processors sitting in my inventory.
This is normally great if you're short on dil ore, but I am not, by a long shot.

I've maxed out T5 Omega rep and have all the gear from Omega store that I (may ever) need.

So now BNPs are accumulating, taking up precious inventory slots (only 999 per stack) and I can't put them to good use.

Can a reputation special project be created that converts BNPs into FMs?

This also raises a question about the long term use case for rep points for when a player has maxed their reps and no longer needs anything from it.
I've over 5000 (EDIT: Correction, 34,000) OMs and its the same issue, don't need extra dil, don't need any gear with OM = wasted winnings?

I've earnt these things that ultimately no longer have value to me.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Sheshar, Voth Fighter Favs - Corsair, Bulwark, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE

Last edited by eradicator84; 08-23-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Captain
# 2
08-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post

Can a reputation special project be created that converts BNPs into FMs?

This also raises a question about the long term use case for rep points for when a player has maxed their reps and no longer needs anything from it.
I've over 5000 OMs and its the same issue, don't need extra dil, don't need any gear with OM = wasted winnings?

I've earnt these things that ultimately no longer have value to me.
That would be really handy. The only other thing to do with 'em is consumables but I don't really want those.
Rihannsu
# 3
08-23-2013, 12:13 PM
/signed +1.

While I don't have anywhere near as many Borg Neural Processors and Omega Marks as you (1.3k and 34k!?!? ), I do find that some of my toons are getting excess.

Being able to convert BNP to Fleet Marks would be great (even at a "loss").

Also, and while you might not need them, I think being able to convert BNPs to OM would also be great. I've had toons that might need hundreds of OMs to fill a gear project, and while I wait for cool down I'm staring at the excess BNP I have. Again, even a lossy conversion would be acceptable. Something like 40-50 OM/BNP would be ok.

Other, similar projects I'd like to see... Converting Romulan and Nukara Marks to Fleet Marks. And even better... How about some BULK conversion Projects? 5 BNP/1k Dil Ore is fantastic, except when I have 100 BNP to churn. How about a 50 BNP for 10k Ore. Likewise Bulk converters for Marks. I'm not a fan of any of the Nukara gear (ok, the console does have some uses)... So while I love the Tier 5 Reward Boon, it's a pain churning through those 750 NM at 50 NM/500k. How about a 200 or 500 Mark to Ore converted. Please?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-23-2013, 12:28 PM
I would like a project that could convert more ...
convert 50 every 15 seconds is very annoying when you have more than 10k OMs
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Rihannsu
# 5
08-26-2013, 09:53 AM
That's one reason I've started converting my BNP and OM already on my toons that have already completed the Omega Rep and created whatever gear they're gonna need/want. I get to converting to Dil now, before they grow to thousands each. Sure, I'll still be running those darn 15s projects hundreds of times, but it'll be spread out over days/weeks/forever, instead of trying to do it in one sitting.

Basically, I run an STF, and as I'm queuing up for the next one, I'm running the projects on whatever new BNP/OM I just got. All said and told, I can get ~5-6k Dil Ore over three ESTF runs in ~30mins. More if it's during a Bonus Mark Event Hour and/or I score bonus BNPs.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Captain
# 6
08-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
That's one reason I've started converting my BNP and OM already on my toons that have already completed the Omega Rep and created whatever gear they're gonna need/want. I get to converting to Dil now, before they grow to thousands each. Sure, I'll still be running those darn 15s projects hundreds of times, but it'll be spread out over days/weeks/forever, instead of trying to do it in one sitting.

Basically, I run an STF, and as I'm queuing up for the next one, I'm running the projects on whatever new BNP/OM I just got. All said and told, I can get ~5-6k Dil Ore over three ESTF runs in ~30mins. More if it's during a Bonus Mark Event Hour and/or I score bonus BNPs.
That's good advice. I do the same basically.

I go ahead and start converting BNPs anytime I have more than 30 of them, even if I'm still at rank 2 rep.

Haven't managed to get too many extra marks though. Still have lots of use for those.

Last edited by gavinruneblade; 08-28-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Rihannsu
# 7
08-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
That's good advice. I do the same basically.

I go ahead and start converting BNPs anytime I have more than 30 of them, even if I'm still at rank 2 rep.

Haven't managed to get too many extra marks though. Still have lots of use for those.
I don't convert Marks to Dil if my Rep is below T5. Cuz I know I'll still need those Marks for leveling my Rep, and some days I only have time to log on and tick the Rep Daily without playing more STFs. Also, I know there's gonna be a need for several thousand Marks at the end for gear.

BNPs I'll start to convert if I get more than 40 or so. Since at most I'll only need 45 for one each gound and space set of Mk XII gear. (I don't bother "collecting everything" on my extra toons. My Alts only ever get one set of each, and sometimes they don't even need a full space set.)