Republic Veteran
So I'm watching BBCA, and they are giving TNG Timescape

So they edit the episode for time reason (pun not intended) in the first scene we see Riker in sickbay with scratches on his head from Data's cat spot (guess Riker did not talk to him and Tell him he's a pretty cat and a good cat)

So there is a whole conversation about the cat with Riker and Crusher leaving and throwing a phaser saying you'll need that.

In the edited version Crusher tells Riker to stop playing parrises squares like he was twenty-one, then they cut out the cat part, and just show Riker getting up and throwing Crusher a phaser saying you'll need that

If I was a new Viewer I would think Riker is nuts, and threatened Crushers life for telling him how to play Parrises squares.

I thought it was funny and was wondering if anyone was watching and saw that.

Edit: Apparently now in the end of the Episode where Data is testing his internal clock thing with the boiling pot....Riker would ring the bell and come in

In the Edit version,they cut out therining bell and coming in, and it shows Riker in the Room already as if he was stalking Data...wow they really make Riker look like a freak...too funny.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 08-24-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-24-2013, 10:58 PM
who the heck watches network TV anymore ?....

I haven't watched commercial TV since web streaming came into play.

Last edited by cgta1967; 08-24-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Captain
# 3
08-24-2013, 11:13 PM
maybe they wanted to copy major grin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
# 4
08-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah the UK versions are censored so you still win, we don't get to see Wesley skewered in full HD nor Picard and Riker phaser the Bug Queen in Conspiracy.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
who the heck watches network TV anymore ?....

I haven't watched commercial TV since web streaming came into play.

Until Netflix gets a feature that lets it queue up shows totally at random without input criteria, it will not fit with my Friday night ritual. My wife and I enjoy selecting a random channel, throwing the remote behind the couch, and drinking away the week's memories until whatever is on is awesome. Done properly, it doesn't matter what you run across, it's all awesome.

We tried doing this with Netflix and... it just didn't work.
Captain
# 6
08-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
....Done properly.....
so how many times do you have to 'try' in order to get watching antiquated commercial television in order to do it properly ?

I'll stick to the 'done wrong' web streaming style of clicking the play button starting episode 1 of a show i 'want' to watch....and let it play consecutive episodes, commercial and station edit free, automatically one after the other.....without the headache of having to watch erectile dysfunction pharmaceutical ads over and over between every ten minutes of show .......

good luck with that I salute your constitution .....

Last edited by cgta1967; 08-25-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-25-2013, 04:14 PM
The episode of Ds9 where Molly Obrien gets shot into the past is another episode that has suffered from some very dodgy edits at the hands of the bbc.
It was the scene where Miles has raised the alarm and has a crew from ds9 helping work on getting molly back. Miles uses a device only for it to go *pop*, causing him to shout
Quote:
"ahhh...BOLLOCKS!!!"

The entire scene was cut out, leaving the episode several minutes short and quite a hole in the story. Thank you Auntie
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 8
08-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post

So they edit the episode for time reason (pun not intended) in the first scene we see Riker in sickbay with scratches on his head from Data's cat spot (guess Riker did not talk to him and Tell him he's a pretty cat and a good cat)

So there is a whole conversation about the cat with Riker and Crusher leaving and throwing a phaser saying you'll need that.

In the edited version Crusher tells Riker to stop playing parrises squares like he was twenty-one, then they cut out the cat part, and just show Riker getting up and throwing Crusher a phaser saying you'll need that

If I was a new Viewer I would think Riker is nuts, and threatened Crushers life for telling him how to play Parrises squares.

Edit: Apparently now in the end of the Episode where Data is testing his internal clock thing with the boiling pot....Riker would ring the bell and come in

In the Edit version,they cut out therining bell and coming in, and it shows Riker in the Room already as if he was stalking Data...wow they really make Riker look like a freak...too funny.
This is why I stopped watching TV years ago. The dumb edits, endless and brainless sport, reality shows, unfunny and down right stupid new comedy shows, no 90's and before cartoons and stupid ad's.

When Channel 9 showed for the first time The Green Mile and Saving Private Ryan, I was disgusted, and so where many about the disgraceful edits and extended ad's that filled the void due to the editing.

On my computer I have stored and backed up thrice, Futurama, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, The Real Ghostbusters, Bonkers, Loony Tunes, Astro Boy, Duck Tales and many more including, yes I'll admit it, The Wuzzles, all 13 episodes and of course Star Trek, with movies and other movies.

Even what Americans call Pay To View, we call Pay TV in Australia, you PAY for dumb ad's to be shoved in your face.

If it's not on DVD or Youtube, I don't watch it. And no I don't see downloading the classic cartoons off YouTube or ripping the DVD's ( DVD's come first ) that I buy when I come across a favorite as stealing, Disney and the others have locked them away forever. They can bite my tail for all I care.

The episodes from YouTube have been recorded from free to air, and placed on the web in good nature so new generations can see a REAL cartoon. So I grab them, before the lawyers pounce and give them my merry middle claw with a big smile on my muzzle.

So power up the hard drive, sit back and time warp back when TV was good. =3

" We should cherish every moment, as they will never come again. " Picard, Star Trek Generations.

Check the Enterprises computer, Picard. =3
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
I'd post constructively but I'm too busy dodging the Forum MOD's due to my usual posts.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-25-2013, 04:21 PM
The drinking part must be done properly, so as to avoid the potential negative aspects of heavy drinking and attain a happy everything-is-awesome-and-entertaining drunkenness. The TV part only requires a constant and unknown stream of episodes without input or interaction - if the drinking has been done properly this can be anything - recent highlights have included a chain of terrible 80's sitcoms, six hours of As Seen on TV infomercials, an entire season of MASH, some kind of late 90's looking pokemon ripoff with a dinosaur that turned into a bigger dinosaur that turned into a cyborg dinosaur with missiles in its chest, and hour after hour of the Weather Channel. All of them equally awesome unless drinking has been done improperly.

Netflix offers at best a completely expected, pre-chosen, sequential chain of episodes, utterly defeating the point.

Last edited by hevach; 08-25-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post

BBC sucks so guessing BBCA sucks too.

if the bbc spent more time on shows and developing programs than

it does paying off the pointless bosses with insane wages and pentions

coving up **** and sexual harrasment for decades. all the while getting money for doing nothing, the public forced to pay them even if u dont watch the crap channels they have.
then they could afford to put a star trek back on telly and then some.

i hope when the licence expires in 2015 the BBC will not get its funding. i for one will be voting NO on renewing the BBC.

its not censored or cut on SKY tv

Last edited by maddog0000doom; 08-25-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: PS