Career Officer
# 1 Ticket Support NON-EXISTENT?
08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Is it me, or is there absolutely NO SUPPORT via the Ticket system? I have a few tickets in, most are about two weeks old, and all I get is the generic auto-response.

Have they just given up? As long as the zen flows, all is good?
Ensign
# 2
08-14-2013, 07:04 PM
I have to agree - its been a week on my ticket regarding store ships that I had already paid for with Cryptic points showing as needing to be purchaseed again and I have had zero response. Ticket reference is 130807-001441. Not happy at all
Captain
# 3
08-15-2013, 08:09 AM
No support via tickets..at all and you're lucky to at least get a generic email.

I imagine something's gonna happen when they hit ticket #2,000,000! That's gotta be some kind of record.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-15-2013, 08:12 AM
I agree, I sent a ticket in last week about the cutting beam. I pressed collect reward and nothing appeared. I check overflow bag, inventory was not full anyway. I sent a ticket in and nothing.........
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Waiting three weeks for an answer on my ticket. Nothing. Seems like all tickets go to/dev/null/
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I have never had a ticket responded to in less than 6 weeks (auto response normally). Most of them have taken 8 - 9 weeks and all of them have been a matter of "please resubmit ticket using the bug reporter"...even though they were submitted through the bug reporter
I've submitted a few dozen over the last year and a half since I started playing sto and none of the issues I've submitted have been fixed*. Ever. Period.

*Broken/unusable items, Broken costume slots, large amounts of unrefined dil vanishing from my characters. All sorts of issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 7
08-15-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm going to add a "me too" here because, while I havnt put in a ticket (Via the web site at least) for a long time, that is because the support web site is broken for many browsers. I responded only today to someone else with the same problem, so it isnt just me.

Here's the thing, and why I agree with this thread....

I reported that the support web site gets itself into a redirect loop over a year ago. The response was that "This is a known problem" and that "The development team are working on it".

Imagine my surprise when six months later, I need to lodge a ticket, and have the same problem. The response then, was again... "This is a known problem".

Now today, I see someone else with the same problem, so I know that in a year, they have not been able to correct a simple problem, which most web sites seem to get right without even trying.

Cryptic/PWE - I see a growing perception that you don't care. I understand that you get a lot of tickets, but if you focused on fixing the serious bugs, rather than pushing out season after season, of new bugs, you might have happier customers (and less tickets).

Its getting to the point now where Im hesitant to spend Zen for fear that what Im buyng wont work, and I'll be left out in the cold - an example of which is the 6 outfits my Romulan toon bought slots for, but now cant wear, which is another long standing "known issue". Silly me for assuming something I paid for (the 6 slots) would work as advertised.

To paraphrase Eraun: "Can you imagine the huberis it takes to [ask people to pay for something that you KNOW is completely broken]?"

Cryptic, I love you guys, you do awesome work, so much so I Lifetime'd up, but PWE... take note you're losing whatever goodwill you ever had, with this kind of thing! Fix the serious bugs and be responsive to your customers!

Last edited by geekasylum; 08-15-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
08-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekasylum View Post
...Cryptic, I love you guys, you do awesome work, so much so I Lifetime'd up, but PWE... take note you're losing whatever goodwill you ever had, with this kind of thing! Fix the serious bugs and be responsive to your customers!
Is PWE handling bug reports and GM tickets? I thought PWE was just the distributor... it wouldn't be the first time Cryptic threw up their hands and sold off their title to their distributor, as any City of Heroes player could tell you.

PWE's websites and forums are the WORST I've ever seen in "modern" times. I mean, they may be better than HTML 1.0 encoded stuff, but just barely. Their login does not work on Opera (my favorite browser), and the forum sub-section list looks HORRIFIC. Seriously, does anyone at PWE have ANY sense of style or design?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Well you are not the only one. I had items dissapear from my mail and so far no response. My ticket is about to be 1 week old
Career Officer
# 10
08-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssholeroy View Post
Is PWE handling bug reports and GM tickets? I thought PWE was just the distributor...
I believe so. The support website is all PWE, it has been for over a year now, and that is the one which is broken.

In one of their responses, I was replied to by a GM, who basically said: "I cant help you thats up to the devs".

Helping me would have involved nothing more than passing on my bug report to the devs - the guys who could actually fix it - but alas, after a bit of to and fro, even that seemed too hard for him.

So yes. I believe the customer service (or lack of it) is PWE and that most of the tickets are resolved by GMs who have no real power to actually fix anything, nor any desire to see that reported issues actually get fixed.

Its pretty much all canned responses with a line or two, typed in to make it seem a little personal, and give the impression that the actual problem was addressed.