Career Officer
# 1 MK XII Loot
08-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Hi,

anyone knows if its possible to get MK XII purple loot from DOFF missions like rifles, weapons or shields (ground & space)? Everytime a mission crits for me its MK X or MK XI.
Captain
# 2
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Outside of fabricate console from powered alien artifact, you will never get a mk xii from the doff missions currently available.
Career Officer
# 3
08-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Yup. That said, there is NO REASON why I should be getting Mk X results with a VA. It seems like after Seasoin 6 there was some jiggering with the loot tables.
Career Officer
# 4 MKxii purple from Doffs
08-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh yes you can. I just won a MkXII purple warp core.
Captain
# 5
08-29-2013, 09:48 AM
You can get warp cores or singularity cores from the engineering assignments but none of the old consoles or weapons have mk xii purple items in the respective assignment. You can only get them from the Childrens Toys assignment or as a mission reward from one of the queues. This is because they added all the warp cores to the new assignment and not to the old one.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Rihannsu
# 6
08-29-2013, 10:20 PM
the devs have talked about maybe, possibly, merging crafting and Doffing somehow. Maybe when they do that we'll get MK 12 stuff?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 7
09-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Personally, while most of my profits come from DoFFing, I'd hate for Mark XII equipment to be available that easily. Mark XII is the pinnacle of performance, and really it shouldn't be as easy as pulling the right DOFF. Consoles can eventually amount to some major performance impact, and then the whole system becomes about having spent the most time being a member, not the most time contributing to the game.

DoFFing is great for balancing the game for those of us who can't play extensively, but the best stuff should be for the folks who dedicate the time to making their ships something truly elite. I've only been playing since April maybe and it hasn't taken that much to get some nice Mark XII stuff. But I like that I'm not drowning in it. I like that it isn't easy to come by.
Rihannsu
# 8
09-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Well if the Mk12 consoles are any indication, making mk12 weapons with doffing wouldn't be cheap or easy. Besides... you can get a wide array of Mk12 weapons from your fleet starbase. Thus their value as random drops has diminished somewhat.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.