Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 61
08-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
Yes. The irony of having people go from wtf op, to how can we best use this to win in a matter of hours. And I was one of them. And I love it!
And we wonder why so many PvPers have left and the number of new people is dwindling eh?
Captain
# 62
08-16-2013, 06:31 PM
I got this console, used it on one payer after he asked me to so we could both see just how bad it was and I immediately decided that (aside from Ker'rat) I would never use it again.
Career Officer
# 63
08-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Why are you going to use it in Ker'rat?
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Captain
# 64
08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Why are you going to use it in Ker'rat?
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

Besides, if I didn't have anywhere to use it then it would have been a waste of 2 million ECs
Captain
# 65
08-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I got this console, used it on one payer after he asked me to so we could both see just how bad it was and I immediately decided that (aside from Ker'rat) I would never use it again.
Similar to what I did. I used it in a couple of arenas to test - and found that it is unjustifiably OP. So I keep it in my inventory. I won't use it most of the time, but if I find it being used on me, well, tit for tat.

And I am going to abuse the heck out of it in PvE. Should be fine to go wild there.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Ensign
# 66
08-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Cryptic isnt in any way interested in pvp. They only decide what to do where the mass of players is, like the KDF issues. It was even said by the lead designer (somewhere in the wiki relating to the KDF issue history).

Cryptic is interested in selling items and getting cash. What will the ppl buy? Something nice maybe, something new maybe, something mighty for sure. So you will see a constant increase in overpowered items for cash.
(Sure if you grind mindlessly enough you will get it for creds too, but who got the patience for this).

So be assured that Cryptic will never ever show earnest interested in your pvp needs, this didnt happen in other Cryptic games too. Instead they will do, what every game does, giving out next gen items. But here to pay for, not for the next raiding instance.

The new Elachi disruptor mod I expect to be the death to small, low hull vessels like the BoP in pvp. This together with the Elachi console is the proof to my theorie.

As one can hear I am deeply frustrated and dissappointed by Cryptic.