Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
So I've been playing around with the new console that was released known as the Universal Console - Subspace Integration Circuit.

The best ways to ab- ahem.. use this console is from cloak. You drop cloak, drop this on a target, and unless they have Omega, or some other Disable negating effect running, they find themselves in a black ball.. One that even hides things like Gravity Well..

Add to the fact that a Science officer can subnuc the nasty defensive effects like omega off the target trying to defend themselves against this weapon almost gives you the most vulnerable Target you can get.

And what's worse, is that it can effect others if they are too close to the target you hit with this effect. And it lasts, in my opinion, way too long.

Branflakes was saying in Organized PVP that the team is listening to Feed back. Here is mine..

Either A: Remove the disable effect from the power, so that way you have a greater chance to defend your self against it.
B: Give it an Arc of 90 or 180 Forward Degrees, so you can't just pop it in any direction.
or C: Reduce the duration of the effect by about 1-2 seconds.

Sure, in a Team environment, it would be easy to know which of your allies is suddenly the prime target when you see a black orb crackling with energy surround that target. Extends and Hazards and other clears can be sent to said target to try to keep them alive during the strike. How ever, in a team environment, if each team member has this effect.. there could almost be guaranteed at least one base ball icon available for every necessary target. And at least one kill if you get enough of the enemy in those things.

So, in closing.. It does need a slight tweek. And there could be some consideration towards what will happen when 5 people or more have one of these things. PVE won't notice or complain about it, but PVP will.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 2
08-15-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm here since day 1 of f2p, i've seen many unbalanced things, some of they got fixed, some others are still unbalanced, but this console is by FAR the most unbalanced thing i ever seen.

Stun of 9 seconds (a fully buffed PSW3 is about 3 seconds stun..), with no posible defense at all. Borticus said that u can escape by using omega or evasives, but since is a stun u can't activate any of those abilities, and if u pre-buff u can always get subnuked before the integration circuit hit, any decent sci player/team with minimal organizacion would do that. Hell, u don't even need a subnuke, u can use a graviton pulse and done

I tend to avoid reactions like "this is op, pvp is dead, i will leave this game", but in this case i'm really thinking about leave sto, pvp will be unplayable with this console.

p.d: @webdeath if u wanna make this a feedback threat, u should change the title, i don't think any dev will look into a post with that title lol
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)

Last edited by playhard88; 08-15-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
08-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Branflakes was saying in Organized PVP that the team is listening to Feed back. Here is mine..
Ah-hahahahahahaha.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I was also informed that the console effect is possible to get up to around 30 seconds from it being experienced first hand in a 1v1 by the person who gave me that information..

If that is true.. THAT also needs to be removed.. Because there is no reason a disable should be capable of lasting 30 seconds.. even with resists..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 5
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
I played around with it too! Okay, not with the console itself - but folks using it. Three times...wheee! And well, I can say I see where somebody that knows what they're doing with it might be very problematic (along the lines of what webdeath said) - but in general, it's just lol.

Sure - it grays out the bars...but um, that's pretty much it. Well, okay - it drops cloak. Doesn't drop shields - doesn't stop movement - etc, etc, etc.

First time, it was used on somebody else - I was within range though - decloaked and moved out of range...didn't mean anything (no Sci to take advantage of the situation) - I even flew back through it.

Second and third time, I was the target of it...and again...sure, I lost my bars for a second or two - but then I was out of it.

Going back to what webdeath said though - you get organized with it (or even cheese it up with some GPG) with VM/SNB/Tractors/etc...yeah, could easily see the target being the ultimate sitting duck.

Luckily for me, I was flying against your average Feds in Ker'rat.

Hey, don't get me wrong - I died twice in the past few hours. One was awesome, a pair of Sci that handcuffed my wrists to my ankles...and yeah, I don't want to tell the rest of that story - I think I need therapy. The other is that damn 100% To-Hit BS that I'm still trying to hunt down.

But yeah - it's not an I-Win button for Joe Random...but there are folks that could do some really nasty stuff very easily with it with very little effort.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 6
08-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
I was also informed that the console effect is possible to get up to around 30 seconds from it being experienced first hand in a 1v1 by the person who gave me that information..

If that is true.. THAT also needs to be removed.. Because there is no reason a disable should be capable of lasting 30 seconds.. even with resists..
KHG/AMACO Deflector...that new Bioneural Console...hrmmm.
Captain
# 7
08-15-2013, 09:11 PM
And I found a group of six that knew how to use it...fourth time was the charm! Only 22 more deaths to go.
Captain
# 8
08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
It's like what was said in OPvP - if the target's moving at a certain speed when hit with it, it's not going to be of much use. I've watched several more Fed and KDF drop them out on people. Basically the same thing has taken place - zippy folks have continued to be zippy - while others have been wtfpwnt by the masses.

So things that one can do...ahem...to affect the target's speed...before using it - will greatly improve it.
Captain
# 9
08-15-2013, 10:04 PM
How to: WIN

Have 1 or more of these fancy new consoles. Throw in a GravWell/EWP and a GPG for good measure.

Keep a Sci on standby to Scan the poor defenseless masses and to SNB away buffs that will get them out of your hellstorm.

Congrats, you've won!

For extra guarantees, don't forget to throw in a TIF.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's like what was said in OPvP - if the target's moving at a certain speed when hit with it, it's not going to be of much use. I've watched several more Fed and KDF drop them out on people. Basically the same thing has taken place - zippy folks have continued to be zippy - while others have been wtfpwnt by the masses.

So things that one can do...ahem...to affect the target's speed...before using it - will greatly improve it.
Yup, I just wanted to say i got hit by them couple o' times while on my risian corvette. First time they got me (*what just happened*) but soon after, as long as you've got speed you're safe (sort of, you're still blind as a bat ).
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^