Lt. Commander
# 11
01-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I've been having the same problem it seems literally everyone else has been having.

Was in the wonderfully epic Hobus system doing the Ground Zero quest and just defeated the fairly hectic ground boss encounter after about an hour's worth of time invested in the quest. The next objective was to beam back to the ship to take on the battleship and, as has been happening to me for the past couple days, ran into the persistent Server Not Responding-Game Server Connection Failed 1-2 punch.

No worries, I thought, last time I was mid-plot quest it allowed me to pick up where I left off. Not so this time. I was pushed into starting over from scratch. Nah, no thanks. I'm done for a few days.

I preordered and am looking forward to starting over in the Miranda, but I'll be damned if I know how this game is going to be anything resembling near-ready when headstart rolls around on Friday. I've been waiting an awfully long time for this game, and I'm completely ready right now to let it sit in the oven a while (months) until it's ready. It is awfully unfortunate that Cryptic's hands have been tied for quite some time now (I can only assume) into keeping to the February 2nd launch date.

When the company pushing the game out the door doesn't have the hardware to support its own product (again, an assumption), it's...well...it's absolutely terrifying as someone who has invested in getting in on the ground floor.

Here's to hoping you guys are able to pull things together somewhat during the round-the-clock work you're doing.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Great
01-25-2010, 09:09 PM
We'll I'm having the same issue if this isn't fixed by luanch I may have to return this game wich would suck.This is why I never play mmo's plus you have to pay every month to get kicked off?Someone please tell me this is just a glitch?
Lt. Commander
# 13 Got and Getting
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
I had this over the weekend going into Teneebia System. Today I am getting it in Kajan (spelling?) Cluster exploration zone -- had just clicked to enter a system and got server not responding, then the Game Server Connection Failed message, and cannot log back into that character, i.e., I get the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah this just started happening to me today. I can use my 2nd person fine. But when I load my main it gives the same error that you all said. Mine happened when I tried to enter a random system.
Lt. Commander
My Settings were on no proxy already and worked fine until the 1045 am sun 24 jan 10 crash..

100124 20:18:39 1 Master Control Program[1] ESC : The patch client is returning error code : 29\The net comm was not able to create a link for the patcher
100124 20:18:45 1 Master Control Program[1] ESC : The patch client is returning error code : 29\The net comm was not able to create a link for the patcher

these are some of the errors log messages from cryptic studios folder thou these could relate to the cryptic Champions problem with the client also not working.. after same day crash for both systems I have not been able to see the patcher once.. and i have tried since the 2+ hour expected window for a correction sunday ..

STO LIve subfolder Game Client
Clientserver Commlog

100124 20:18:39 1 Master Control Program[1] ESC : The patch client is returning error code : 29\The net comm was not able to create a link for the patcher
100124 20:18:45 1 Master Control Program[1] ESC : The patch client is returning error code : 29\The net comm was not able to create a link for the patcher
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Getting this too after going into the Sol System...i think that place is a lag deathtrap.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Same here, going into an exploration mission in the Khazon cluster.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Same here. Getting a no server response message, then a game server connection failed message. First time it happened, I forced a verification and everything was fine for an hour, then it happened again. Both disconnects occurred while zoning.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Having the same problem as others. Was heading to a mission, started to zone in to the system and then crashed out with "Server not responding" in red on the loading screen. Now when I try to go back in with that same character, same message comes up and then bumped me into another server error and back to the login screen.

I finally got back on again after just letting it sit.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Reinhardt
I've been having the same problem it seems literally everyone else has been having.

Was in the wonderfully epic Hobus system doing the Ground Zero quest and just defeated the fairly hectic ground boss encounter after about an hour's worth of time invested in the quest. The next objective was to beam back to the ship to take on the battleship and, as has been happening to me for the past couple days, ran into the persistent Server Not Responding-Game Server Connection Failed 1-2 punch.

No worries, I thought, last time I was mid-plot quest it allowed me to pick up where I left off. Not so this time. I was pushed into starting over from scratch. Nah, no thanks. I'm done for a few days.

I preordered and am looking forward to starting over in the Miranda, but I'll be damned if I know how this game is going to be anything resembling near-ready when headstart rolls around on Friday. I've been waiting an awfully long time for this game, and I'm completely ready right now to let it sit in the oven a while (months) until it's ready. It is awfully unfortunate that Cryptic's hands have been tied for quite some time now (I can only assume) into keeping to the February 2nd launch date.

When the company pushing the game out the door doesn't have the hardware to support its own product (again, an assumption), it's...well...it's absolutely terrifying as someone who has invested in getting in on the ground floor.

Here's to hoping you guys are able to pull things together somewhat during the round-the-clock work you're doing.
That is the same senario I have run into. After killing that boss on the ground that was a pain I started to be up and bam now I can't get back into the game with that character. My klingon side character works fine.