Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
# 431
08-25-2013, 02:16 PM
What can you really say to this except, thanks PWE for yet ANOTHER out of touch update.

*shrugs*
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,437
# 432
08-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legetdumar View Post
What can you really say to this except, thanks PWE for yet ANOTHER out of touch update.

*shrugs*
So now PWE does updates I'm soo confuuuuusued (not really)

“confession is good for the soul”

Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 433
08-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Hm, let's see here...

No matter what you say, the artists do not work on bugs.

Shutting down the game for a week makes no sense. The server is taken down only to apply an update.
You are missing the point. Changing the look of Items is like putting wall paper over a huge hole in the wall. Its Nonsense. I asked them to transfer all the items I paid for to my other level 50 tac captain. Ships, Mk 12 purple consoles, ground gear and all that sort of stuff because I cannot log in to that character but of course my request lands on deaf ears. I wonder why that is?
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,197
# 434
08-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamar View Post
You are missing the point.....
and apparently...so are you.

.
_______________________
---- FIRE EVERYTHING ! ----
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,653
# 435
08-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
No no no, you're not supposd to like playing, you're supposed to loathe it and wish they would shut it down for a few weeks to iron out all the bug, because keeping something offline is a good way to test how things will work under real-world loads.
...Or something. I don't really understand the logic behind shutting down the game while going on a bughunt. It's not like there isn't a not-live copy of the code available to the team to edit before pushing the patch live. Or that a week is enough time to robustly fix and test every bug or glitch in a 10 GB+ game.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 436
08-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
...Or something. I don't really understand the logic behind shutting down the game while going on a bughunt. It's not like there isn't a not-live copy of the code available to the team to edit before pushing the patch live. Or that a week is enough time to robustly fix and test every bug or glitch in a 10 GB+ game.
OK how many forum posts and bug reports are posted daily. Even if they don't have to shut it down they have a basis to start the fixes. The content dulled down by all the bugs in game already. It makes no sense to add content to a broken game. Fix it before Polishing it or it will be polished junk
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,197
# 437
08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamar View Post
OK how many forum posts and bug reports are posted daily. Even if they don't have to shut it down they have a basis to start the fixes. The content dulled down by all the bugs in game already. It makes no sense to add content to a broken game. Fix it before Polishing it or it will be polished junk
you make it sound like this is a new concept that has never been envisioned before.

.
_______________________
---- FIRE EVERYTHING ! ----
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 418
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 658
# 439
08-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Having given it a couple of days, now... the new icons are starting to grow on me.

And, actually, the consistent "families" of items with consistent shapes and appropriate colour schemes... is a genuine improvement. Once you've got some familiarity with the groupings, you can say to yourself, for instance, "Hmm, that thingy there has the same sort of outline as a phaser relay, but it's got a purple glow instead of an orange one... so, it must be a booster for polaron!" Which was not something you could do so easily, back when they were both Some Random Gizmo.

So, on balance, I give this change a thumbs up overall.
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,659
# 440
08-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidamar View Post
OK how many forum posts and bug reports are posted daily. Even if they don't have to shut it down they have a basis to start the fixes. The content dulled down by all the bugs in game already. It makes no sense to add content to a broken game. Fix it before Polishing it or it will be polished junk
Indeed, and bugs have in fact got patched here and there.... of course, sometimes patching things to fix one bughas caused another bug to pop up that was previously fixed (or at least the resemblance of the first bug, as merely because something has the same or similar symptoms does not mean it has the same cause).
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.