Captain
# 441
08-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
you make it sound like this is a new concept that has never been envisioned before.
Or that executing it will be easy. Bugs, especially ones that seem to spontaneously occur, are pesky things to hunt down and fix.
Captain
# 442
08-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Or that executing it will be easy. Bugs, especially ones that seem to spontaneously occur, are pesky things to hunt down and fix.
Anyone who thinks it's easy should be given a paper copy of the entire sourcecode and then asked once an hour if they have found the bug yet and be flogged for 10 minutes each time they say no.... hte problem would then sort itself out one way or the other.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Survivor of Romulus
# 443
08-25-2013, 04:22 PM
i too would like them to focus on bug killing and performance.

and although i hate the new icons art with every fiber of being u cant expect art department to fix something that they prob know nothing about.
Captain
# 444 Love the new Icons!
08-25-2013, 06:26 PM
The old ones just didn't look right for what they represent. Since they fixed it with the new ones. I really like them, and they look better.

I say good job on fixing this. And keep updating and fixing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 445
08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
I really hope you're being sarcastic. The new icons were the biggest waste of time/resources that I can remember in recent months. Not to mention the fact that you have to relearn every icon, and all the tac icons look alike except for a barely visible center section. I don't mind the other console icons since I rarely ever change them, but my tac consoles get swapped out per situation and what used to take seconds is now a major bi***.

They could have fixed the costume tailor, the ship tailor, the boff disappearance bug, the [insert bug here]...instead they did this crap.
Captain
# 446
08-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc2011a View Post
...The new icons were the biggest waste of time/resources that I can remember in recent months......
you got numbers for us on what time and resources it took ?

got numbers of everything else in recent months to compare that data to as well ?
# 447
08-25-2013, 07:02 PM
I personally really like the new icons! don't think they were a waste of time at all.

Real Join Date: Jan 2012
Lieutenant, Fleet Cron-Beta
Lt. Commander
# 448
08-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
you got numbers for us on what time and resources it took ?

got numbers of everything else in recent months to compare that data to as well ?
No I don't and I don't need them. There are much bigger things to fix then icons, so what it actually took makes no difference.

That being said, do YOU have those numbers? If not then by all means close ye gaping pie hole.
Captain
# 449
08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Were there bigger things for Thomas (aka crypticttc, the UI guy) to fix?
Republic Veteran
# 450
08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc2011a View Post
No I don't and I don't need them. There are much bigger things to fix then icons, so what it actually took makes no difference.

That being said, do YOU have those numbers? If not then by all means close ye gaping pie hole.
Please tell me how much resources Icon costs....and how the guy who makes them has anything to do with fixing stuff.