Starfleet Veteran
# 581
09-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Not really, especially when you count how many posters participated.
Actually it is -- if the new icons didn't have such a polarizing effect, then this thread would have died a few weeks ago. While there was plenty of back-and-forth bickering, there were also many single posts approving or disapproving the new icons. Either way, I don't see any recent change-related threads that have approached this one's behemoth participation levels.
Rihannsu
# 582
09-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
Actually it is -- if the new icons didn't have such a polarizing effect, then this thread would have died a few weeks ago. While there was plenty of back-and-forth bickering, there were also many single posts approving or disapproving the new icons. Either way, I don't see any recent change-related threads that have approached this one's behemoth participation levels.
*points at the thread about Tour the Galaxy*
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 583
09-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
*points at the thread about Tour the Galaxy*
The Tour the Galaxy change only impacted EC-farming, and there are plenty of alternatives to generating vast EC quantities. The new icon change actually stops many from being able to play STO.

Not quite the same, eh?
Rihannsu
# 584
09-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
The Tour the Galaxy change only impacted EC-farming, and there are plenty of alternatives to generating vast EC quantities. The new icon change actually stops many from being able to play STO.

Not quite the same, eh?
And yet people nerd-raged about it for WEEKS!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 585
09-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
And yet people nerd-raged about it for WEEKS!
At least they could still play... now the latter isn't even an option for many thanks to the icon revamp. The worst part is that Cryptic refuses to acknowledge that this thread even exists

Fortunately Borderlands2 is proving to be an awesome replacement to STO. Not the same genre, but every bit as entertaining.
Rihannsu
# 586
09-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
At least they could still play... now the latter isn't even an option for many thanks to the icon revamp. The worst part is that Cryptic refuses to acknowledge that this thread even exists

Fortunately Borderlands2 is proving to be an awesome replacement to STO. Not the same genre, but every bit as entertaining.
You could play if you really wanted to. you just choose not to...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Starfleet Veteran
# 587
09-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
You could play if you really wanted to. you just choose not to...

But why play and support a game you no longer enjoy? The icon change has taken that element away from me, so until Cryptic gets rid of the new nauseating color schemes and confusing icon imagery, I'm better off putting my time and money elsewhere.
Career Officer
# 588
09-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I wish we had the option to choose the set we preferred. I am visually impaired and I find it very difficult to make out these new designs.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but the game is becoming less accessible to me because of changes like these.
Career Officer
# 589
09-21-2013, 06:15 AM
There are a lot of people who have complained about this 'artwork'. I'm visually impaired and cannot make head not tail of these new icons and their insipid colours.

All I want is the ability to CHOOSE which icon set to use in my game setup so I can play the game rather than reading the description of every console in my inventory before finding what I need.

Hence, I 'Need' everything during PvE missions.
Career Officer
# 590
09-21-2013, 06:37 AM
I must admit, i am not a fan of the new icons either. Previously, i had a much easier time seeing what was what. The only easy thing with the new icons, are the colour-coding of the tac, eng and sci consoles. What they are, on the other hand demands a mouse-over and reading the tooltip.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.