Ensign
After playing with Tovan Khev for a little bit, i thought, "why can't we choose our boffs voices?". There can be presets, for commands and exclamations, since it would be hard making them speak everything written. I also think it would be cool if we record our own voices, for things like no, yes, make it so, warp or things like that. Any comments STO community?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
not a bad idea ... i like it
Captain
# 3
09-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace12 View Post
After playing with Tovan Khev for a little bit, i thought, "why can't we choose our boffs voices?". There can be presets, for commands and exclamations, since it would be hard making them speak everything written. I also think it would be cool if we record our own voices, for things like no, yes, make it so, warp or things like that. Any comments STO community?
Full VO right across all factions is in the pipeline, but as and when it is all fully complee I couldn't say. When LoR was launched it was their aim to fully VO all Federation stuff.

All we have to do is wait.
Live long and Prosper
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Maybe it can be made like Dragon Age, and The Warden's voice sets, where the voice actors have the same lines, but entirely different voices.
Career Officer
# 5
09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace12 View Post
STO did have this feature in early Beta. Still remembering my Vulcan BOFF that actually had Mr. Nimoy voicing it. He was among like 8 male voices and 4 female voices. But they pulled it.

The thing is about voice acting, it's expensive. That's why we have so little of it in STO, because it takes up a good portion of their budget. And you are talking about recording multiple voice actors that have pages upon pages of scripts and Cryptic has to come with enough script for almost all every scenario.

That alone has just costed you million dollars. Which that kind of money would've paid for a year of development with new content.