Ensign
I've been watching the Elachi box release (and making some ec as I do) with some amusement.

Even after just a couple of days of the "Elachi Officers Survivor Pack" or whatever its exactly called, has caused a massive drop in purple (and by proxy blue) doff prices - well except for the few that have been short for a long time (Explosives i'm looking at you). Whereas all other packs might of given you one purple doff - this beast gives two - no questions asked.

I've been pondering whether this is ever going to recover and i'm not sure it will - considering the majority of doff prices have plummeted this could conceivably/possibly/maybe/crystal ball required, adjust the whole market pricing - maybe thats what Cryptic wanted?

- At the moment if a doff had an older power you can now get a purp with 4 traits and Elachi grn/spc combat bonus
- All those doffs (the majority of the market) are down 200k+
- Civ purple doffs aren't really effected by this from what I can see after a quick scan

Don't worry this is not a gripe, get out the hanging rope post more an attempt to see what will happen - where we end up - i'm sure there will be enough doom mongers posting "its the end of the world" shortly.

Now Monday morning is the start of the great re-sellers buying spree taking advantage of the weekend warriors putting stuff on the market - I know I play my doffs to them and have done for months now but I simply can't see them being able to take up the amount of slack and bringing the market back to what it was - my thoughts anyway.

P.s. great time to get buying purples if you wanted to fill some gaps in your roster!

Last edited by kurgis1; 08-17-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Bit of text missing
Commander
# 2
08-17-2013, 08:54 AM
I, for one, am happy to see the prices falling. Pay2Win, yeah, OK... but several million ECs for quality DoFFs is ridiculous.
Career Officer
# 3
08-17-2013, 12:27 PM
aux2batt doffs dropped yesterday from 11 mil to under 3 mil...saved a few newcomers to the build serious ec...33 mil vs 9 mil...
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2013, 02:09 PM
I was able to afford a purple Tyken's rift Gravimetric scientist today, finally.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctcwolf View Post
aux2batt doffs dropped yesterday from 11 mil to under 3 mil...saved a few newcomers to the build serious ec...33 mil vs 9 mil...
jeez.....*starts hunting*

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 6
08-17-2013, 07:35 PM
THE END IS NIGH

WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD (AS WE KNOW IT)

Annnnd... I'm on fire

Sorry had to get that out of my system
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Purple doff prices have been dropping for a while for various reasons now, but the elachi box really put the nail in the coffin. Doff prices will be slow to recover if at all.
Rihannsu
# 8
08-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Maybe they'll drop to where they were before the compactor got "nerfed".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 9
08-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Everything crashed except the Gamma, Temporal and Fleet support duty officer pack doffs.
None of it will ever recover fully.

This along with the monetization of mk xii consoles (fleet holdings) has severely hamstringed the profitability of doffing. Buying and selling, crafting consoles, doffing for doffs. They're attacking personal wealth.
They'll keep attacking it until farmers decide their time is better spent elsewhere.

For a short time fanbois will cheer and clap like mentally deficient monkeys. yay, kill the farmers.

Until one day they log in and want to go buy a new space ship. and find that said space ship cost 400mlllion ec. cause no ones farming them to fill out the market.
Or they'll go to buy up some contraband so they can get some more dilithium on the alts they've managed to conventionally level up over the years. to find its 200k per piece. cause no ones farming it to fill out the market.

Then they'll sigh, and go to buy some common duty officers to feed into their starbase monster, and find that commons are up to about 90 k each one across the board. cause no ones farming them to ill out the market.

Free to play fails without farmers.
Always has.
well, maybe not fails, but , well....

http://youtu.be/2wdKlWXyUkc

grr, stupid link, go to 4:17
Rihannsu
# 10
08-22-2013, 08:33 AM
I think you give farmers too much credit. non-farmers never have as much money, therefore farmers are the ones most likely to buy expensive stuff.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.