Lieutenant
# 1 Flying Enterprise
08-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Something cool to watch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFzu5ALdS7Q
Captain
# 2
08-22-2013, 10:13 PM
RC aviation is so much fun. The hobby has advanced so much in just the past few years it just blows my mind the tech that is available easily and gets cheaper all the time with the tech advances..

we make planes out of foam all the time, cheap and very lightweight building material ( and you arent out too much cash if you crash and destroy...lol )

we use EPP, depron, and even use the 2" blue foam insulation sheets that construction projects use, then hot-wire wing airfoils to whatever specs we need, my bud even made a cnc cutting machine where we can take vector files to cut complex shapes. then reinforce with carbon fiber rods for spars and such.

radio equipment is amazing for this hobby these days, and lithium polymer batteries are powerful and very lightweight. tranciever tech has gone crazy.

we have even delved into the fiberglass/carbon fiber 'bagged' wing dynamic soaring.....did you know you can fly these things well over 200 MPH powered by the wind alone? some of the good guys are getting over 400MPH out of an unpowered sailplane....great fun. look up dynamic soaring and slope soaring, its cool....

slope combat is almost too much fun too

This enterprise is cool....gonna have to try one myself I think

Last edited by cgta1967; 08-22-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Lieutenant
# 3
08-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Now, if only that Enterprise model was a bit bigger....say, actual size?
Commander
# 4
08-23-2013, 05:58 PM
That is actually so smart.
if i had that i dont think id try it thought lol id keep it on display