Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 72
# 101
09-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
I got the ship simply because I liked it in the movies. However, the ship is far to squishy for my taste, my Defiant can tank better it seems. >.> And the thalaron is sort of a joke. A kumari wing cannon does way way more dmg.. If I could do over again I wouldn't buy it. :S
Far to squishy? the only conclusion that can be drawn from that is you suck flying the Scim practice more and you will get better . Sorry but its the truth
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 570
# 102
09-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherras View Post
Far to squishy? the only conclusion that can be drawn from that is you suck flying the Scim practice more and you will get better . Sorry but its the truth
I am a long time player who knows how to build a ship. I have done everything to try and improve the ships hull, but one torp pretty much takes me down to at times 60 to 70% hull. My fed and kdf ships are awesome at taking punishment and dealing it out. My build is sound.
Furthermore it was sort of rude of you to simply imply that "I suck at flying the Scim." Just saying. :S
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 348
# 103
09-22-2013, 12:50 PM
He does have a point, it does feel very suspectable to kinetic damage. Torpedo or warp core breach.

One just deals with it.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 460
# 104
09-22-2013, 01:23 PM
After reading all 11 pages (yeah it's a slow day for me), I must say these three things about this wonderful ship.

1. I know I've done some STF's with half of you in here because when you're about to shoot your Thalaron weapon, I'm the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier that's healing your forward shield or giving you more power.

2. Even in my JHDC I respect the Scimitar family (especially the tactical version). My JHDC and a Scimitar together have cleared an entire side of the Vortex on Elite and regular. How can you NOT respect a ship that can hold it's own weight like that?

3. I have a Vulcan toon and the ONLY reason I'd create a Romulan toon is just for the Scimitar (Falchion Class aka the Engineering version). It's just that awesome of a ship.

Finally I agree with what someone said earlier. Sometime in my JHDC I just sit back and watch a Scimitar disintegrate everything in it's path.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 105
09-22-2013, 03:47 PM
It's very simple. A Scimitar (the tac one) with 4 DHCs and a hyper plasma can literally obliterate everything in front of it. You hit CRF1, APB2, TT1, and then you hit fire. And whatever is in front of you will not be there for very long (IE it will move or be quite dead).

In most PvE, I never fail to gain aggro from targets, and the only things that can kill faster than my scimi are bugs and fleet defiants, because I am currently running a single cannon build with 2 torps (DHCs + hyper plasma got boring). But even then, I can still destroy sides in KASE faster than sometimes 3 guys all working together. I have had complaints from some of my fleetmates that I should use my Ha'feh more, because my Scimitar makes ESTFs boring for them. My Scimi actually had a high enough DPS running DHCs that I could clear out an entire side in KASE solo (IE doing probes and DPS at the same time). And that's with just all mk XI blue weapons and consoles.

This ship is a monster. She's not designed to tank. She's designed to destroy. Stop flying her like a fed cruiser or KDF battlecruiser, and you will find her faaaar more effective. Or you can use the Falchion with the LtCmdr to engi, and then you will have a nasty tank. Just sayin.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,474
# 106
09-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
This ship is a monster. She's not designed to tank. She's designed to destroy. Stop flying her like a fed cruiser or KDF battlecruiser, and you will find her faaaar more effective. Or you can use the Falchion with the LtCmdr to engi, and then you will have a nasty tank. Just sayin.
Exactly. I don't even fly the ship, yet I knew that the day it was released.

It's a killer Not a tank.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,691
# 107
09-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzonisback View Post
Why everyone who bought the scimitar feels discriminated ?
I saw everywhere threads of protest against this ship.

Someone complains about the Thalaron Pulse, someone else complains about it being so squishy.

why you bought it ?
I love the Scimitar, I started as a romulan only to get a Scimitar, but when they released it, i didn't bought it.

I knew it wasn't a good ship.
Too squishy, too big and with low turn rate.

it is probably one of the worst ship in the game, and I knew it.
I said it about 20 times in various threads, but no one believed me.
I bought the three pack and I don't, I've never had people complaining or calling me a newb or anything when I flew it in stfs. If anything complaining about the Thalaron pulse is kinda stupid...it takes way to long to charge to be of much effect.

I bought the Scimitar because it has a hanger and I like fighters, personally I would rather give up the 5th forward slot for another hanger but that's me.

If 40k hull and what 9 turn rate if you have the 2 piece set is to slow and to squishy for you then you have no chance in any kind of faster turning ship.

If you really think it's the worst ship in the game then maybe it's time you play a new game?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 108
09-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I bought the three pack and I don't, I've never had people complaining or calling me a newb or anything when I flew it in stfs. If anything complaining about the Thalaron pulse is kinda stupid...it takes way to long to charge to be of much effect.

I bought the Scimitar because it has a hanger and I like fighters, personally I would rather give up the 5th forward slot for another hanger but that's me.

If 40k hull and what 9 turn rate if you have the 2 piece set is to slow and to squishy for you then you have no chance in any kind of faster turning ship.

If you really think it's the worst ship in the game then maybe it's time you play a new game?
You want to know the funny part? OP doesn't have the ship, and yet they are complaining about it. And the majority of the players who posted here who have this beast have nothing but praise for it, tempered with a few minor issues. But for the most part, the majority of us love her.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 42
# 109
09-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
It's very simple. A Scimitar (the tac one) with 4 DHCs and a hyper plasma can literally obliterate everything in front of it. You hit CRF1, APB2, TT1, and then you hit fire. And whatever is in front of you will not be there for very long (IE it will move or be quite dead).

In most PvE, I never fail to gain aggro from targets, and the only things that can kill faster than my scimi are bugs and fleet defiants, because I am currently running a single cannon build with 2 torps (DHCs + hyper plasma got boring). But even then, I can still destroy sides in KASE faster than sometimes 3 guys all working together. I have had complaints from some of my fleetmates that I should use my Ha'feh more, because my Scimitar makes ESTFs boring for them. My Scimi actually had a high enough DPS running DHCs that I could clear out an entire side in KASE solo (IE doing probes and DPS at the same time). And that's with just all mk XI blue weapons and consoles.

This ship is a monster. She's not designed to tank. She's designed to destroy. Stop flying her like a fed cruiser or KDF battlecruiser, and you will find her faaaar more effective. Or you can use the Falchion with the LtCmdr to engi, and then you will have a nasty tank. Just sayin.
If your hyper plasma torpedoes actually have time to reach your targets, you're doing something wrong. If you're using DHCs for PvE, you're doing something wrong. If you aren't the top dps in PvE in a Scimitar bar none, you're doing something wrong. If you can't tank in a Scimitar, you're doing something wrong.

I doubt a DHC/hyper plasma torp Scimitar would do even half the dps of one just running full beams and none of the stupid consoles.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 110
09-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldritchx View Post
If your hyper plasma torpedoes actually have time to reach your targets, you're doing something wrong. If you're using DHCs for PvE, you're doing something wrong. If you aren't the top dps in PvE in a Scimitar bar none, you're doing something wrong. If you can't tank in a Scimitar, you're doing something wrong.

I doubt a DHC/hyper plasma torp Scimitar would do even half the dps of one just running full beams and none of the stupid consoles.
Aux2fail you mean? Yeah. No. Why would you use Aux2Bat when you have the firepower capability of the Scimitar? I mean seriously? It's effective yes, but DHCs and the hyper plasma give you massive sustained DPS without the cost of your Aux power.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 PM.