Captain
# 11
08-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
Have they? As far as I know, we've been talking about rebuilding the interiors nearly constantly (forum users in general, I mean), and the devs have been pretty consistent in saying, quite accurately, that there are no plans to do so.
I'd have to look for a quote, and with the new PWE forums and my weak search fu, it would be quite a task; but I do recall DStahl saying something about it some time ago, before he left and came back.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Career Officer
# 12
08-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I wonder if it'll be something like the Enterprise-D's/Voyager's interior; as there was talk at one point of doing those ship interiors in bundle packs.
I honestly hope not. I remember when they started selling Bridge Packs and we saw the "Galaxy" and "Intrepid" bridges, people were expecting them to be canonical, instead they just "eh, close enough".

So if they do give us canonical bridges of the Sovereign, Intrepid, Prometheus, and Galaxy, I really hope they redo the bridge packs we already bought that supposed to be those bridges.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Commander
# 13
08-30-2013, 06:11 AM
The KDF will get a new interior too, wont they?
Captain
# 14
08-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I honestly hope not. I remember when they started selling Bridge Packs and we saw the "Galaxy" and "Intrepid" bridges, people were expecting them to be canonical, instead they just "eh, close enough".

So if they do give us canonical bridges of the Sovereign, Intrepid, Prometheus, and Galaxy, I really hope they redo the bridge packs we already bought that supposed to be those bridges.
Actually, that attitude of "Meh, good enough" seems to be infecting the entire industry lately.

There seems to be so little pride in the workmanship, no artistry these days. Just crank out something we'll pay for, and only JUST that. Never go the extra yard. It's such a shame. This game could be SO much more than it is.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-31-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
Actually, that attitude of "Meh, good enough" seems to be infecting the entire industry lately.

There seems to be so little pride in the workmanship, no artistry these days. Just crank out something we'll pay for, and only JUST that. Never go the extra yard. It's such a shame. This game could be SO much more than it is.
That's less the part of the people producing the work and more the part of the people way up at the top. Many people in the industry seem to be opting more for making what they know will sell as opposed to "taking the risks" to make something better. Even if people aren't happy about it.
Captain
# 16
08-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryfive View Post
That's less the part of the people producing the work and more the part of the people way up at the top. Many people in the industry seem to be opting more for making what they know will sell as opposed to "taking the risks" to make something better. Even if people aren't happy about it.
Same problem with Hollyweird. Rather than create new and original storytelling, they opt to create special effects/CGI footage and call it a story. In the 1990s-2000s, the gaming industry took pride in luring away the musicians and writers away from movies and television. Too bad they are now making the same mistakes that Hollyweird did.
Captain
# 17
08-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Better ship interiors? Did someone say better ship interiors?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 18
09-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I wonder if it'll be something like the Enterprise-D's/Voyager's interior; as there was talk at one point of doing those ship interiors in bundle packs.
I would also like it if they would go back and fix up some of the C-Store ship interiors as well.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.