Survivor of Romulus
# 151
08-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Spot on with your characterization of pvpers-they'd rather tirelessly whine about 1 console than fight to have pvp revamped as a whole. Pathetic but predictable.
Says someone that's never set foot into the PvP Forum. Probably in the top 3 most interesting subforums to read.

Infinitely higher than General Discussion which is rock bottom.
Empire Veteran
# 152
08-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Well, that's fine, they don't like you either.

I don't like you either, and I don't PvP. Attitudes like that suck.
PVPers have ruined it again for PVErs with their bratty whining. And what percentage of the STO's population actually plays PVP? Then people like you wonder why people like him can't stand pvpers...
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Empire Veteran
# 153
08-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Says someone that's never set foot into the PvP Forum. Probably in the top 3 most interesting subforums to read.

Infinitely higher than General Discussion which is rock bottom.
How do you know where I have or haven't been? Do you work for the NSA?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 154
08-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
PVPers have ruined it again for PVErs with their bratty whining. And what percentage of the STO's population actually plays PVP? Then people like you wonder why people like him can't stand pvpers...
how did we ruin it?

this console will work just the same against npc's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 155
08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
how did we ruin it?

this console will work just the same against npc's.
The disable effect change effects both pve and pvp, right?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 156
08-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Very, very few NPCs utilize defensive abilities, or other self-targeting powers. As such, setting their Weapons Offline and preventing them from targeting anyone is essentially the same as Disabling them. Most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Starfleet Veteran
# 157
08-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Slowing them to a near stop and disabling their weapons is almost as good against an NPC (with their limited resistances and no active countering or defense) as a total disable. And against 90% of them, it's exactly as good except they could queue up abilities to use if they survive (instead of just using them after they escape).

Last edited by hevach; 08-20-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 158
08-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
They haven't "ruined it for PvE with their bratty whining" - There were plenty of people on both sides (PvE and PvP) that knew this console couldn't stay in its current state, it was too powerful.

It's way better than any lobi console, it's dirt cheap and extremely common.

Keeping it as it was would be BAD FOR THE GAME. I don't understand how people don't see that. It's not like they are nerfing your favourite toy, they are nerfing a brand new items which evidently had no QA done on it.

Quote:
How do you know where I have or haven't been? Do you work for the NSA?
You made it pretty clear that you don't like PvP, or PvPers, so it was a logical assumption that you don't spend much time in the PvP Subforum....
Lt. Commander
# 159
08-20-2013, 11:33 AM
from what I can tell, without testing on tribble, is that while it is a nerf to the console for use in PvP, the boost to collapse damage combined with the weapons disable, and slowing effect may actually be a net gain for PvE. In that case, this looks like a solid balance pass that is as close to the best of both worlds as may be possible.
Rihannsu
# 160
08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
This console was way too powerful. it was a 'must have' for pvp and nothing should be a 'must have'.

i do understand the annoyance of having a nerf to a cool item for the benefit of a small group of people, but pvp is part of the game and it needs to be cared for.

the console still does enough to be useful in pve. its not like any battles are going to hinge on it. but they were in pvp to the poor guy who got hit by one.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission