Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Rihannsu
I was in Hive Onslaught and the Unimatrix Vessels are broken. They kept lancing us with insane damage, one-shotting me (a tank) while at full health/shield, INCLUDING while we were OUT OF RANGE. I caught a screen shot where I got one-shot while I was 30k* away by a Lance that did 199,613 (246,232) damage. Pop. Broken. Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/9Fxcc4R.jpg

Submitted ticket ID #1,933,584.

(*Ok, I realize the 30k away ship was actually Vessel 2, and I was hit by V1, which was "only" 17.2k away.)

HAX!

ETA you'll note I wasn't even in Red Alert. My whole team had died and had respawned/were regrouping at what we thought was a safe range. Little did we know... They started bailing after that.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 08-18-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-18-2013, 04:16 PM
A couple weeks ago I had some space STFs on cooldown so I decided to do Hive (space) normal mode to get omega marks.

I feel your pain. It was impossible.

#1 Both Unimatrixes kept spitting out probes and the probes piled up around the queen. I'm talking about 20 or so probes which includes a few regeneration probes. Someone on the team said to stay near the queen. Yeah...........

#2 It seemed like every 5 seconds both Unimatrixes would spit out a plasma energy bolt from both ends. So on top of all the probes we had 4 energy bolts coming for us that we have to get rid of. Those are always a one shot instant kill if you get hit by it. No matter what you do you won't survive. At least I've never found a way.

#3 After I died the second time I was at full impulse to get back into battle when suddenly my ship exploded. The Unimatrix on the left was at 12.1 Km and the probes at the end were also out of my weapon range. No idea what happened. Didn't see any kind of animation and due to my team mates fighting, the combat log was scrolling mighty fast so I couldn't see what it was.

It was impossible to complete with all the regerneration probes constantly keeping the Unimatrexes alive and having to stop attacking them to take out the plasma energy bolts every 5 seconds so we didn't get one shot killed over and over.

After I mysteriously died the second time, I noticed 1 team member already left. So I left too. Since we had completed the first part of the mission, I did not get a leaver penalty thankfully.

Players have been complaining about this mission being broken for a while now, as well as the massive damage normal plasma torpedoes in STFs from borg spheres and the large gate in ISE (this was fixed once before but sometime got broken again).
Commander
# 3
08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
I too was under the understanding that this wonderful STF was broken, however Hive Onslaught Elite is completable.

We completed it yesterday and today using the following tactics:

Stage 1 take the enemies from top down, cubes cannot travel upward
Stage 2 hug the queen like she was your best friend the lances cannot get you, the torp' spreads will but the lances ill not. Note that if you do die and respawn there is a high chance you will get lanced on the way back unfortunately, but should you make it back to the queen/not be target you will be fine.
Stage 3 as it always has been stay away from the Queen's aceton, keep sub nuc' for her feedback pulse.

While I cannot say this mission is working as intended it is completable.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Rihannsu
# 4
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
It is completable. We'd done it the day before.

It just seems the lances are broken (excessive range, and some might argue, damage).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 5
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Yep, completed it again just now, this time even quite easy if you follow the above instructions and take your time, we even got 2 of the 3 optionals.
Lt. Commander
# 6 MmmMummMmm SMH
08-24-2013, 09:20 AM
HA! Heck yeah it zap'd you wwwaayyyy out of rang. I like the mission, just dont do it often as its a death-trap... though I think that was before this game-exploiting bug.

The optional has a death limit and thats fairly tough if it kan kill a team the moment they respawn.. on a bad day. If it jumps target/hate in the right order

Yup, who ever coded that ship did a fook'd up job. Missed the animation (which has been bug'd on many borg ships) ...the damage out-put is a bit kooky & the rang in the code, seemingly, is missing even though the rest of the weaponary code is around 9.99 KM

I just "SMDH" @ that mistake, along with 'Atmosphere Assault' and the hacked up 'Nukara Hard' missions.

-V
Lieutenant
# 7
08-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I was in Hive Onslaught and the Unimatrix Vessels are broken. They kept lancing us with insane damage, one-shotting me (a tank) while at full health/shield, INCLUDING while we were OUT OF RANGE. I caught a screen shot where I got one-shot while I was 30k* away by a Lance that did 199,613 (246,232) damage. Pop. Broken. Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/9Fxcc4R.jpg

Submitted ticket ID #1,933,584.

(*Ok, I realize the 30k away ship was actually Vessel 2, and I was hit by V1, which was "only" 17.2k away.)

HAX!

ETA you'll note I wasn't even in Red Alert. My whole team had died and had respawned/were regrouping at what we thought was a safe range. Little did we know... They started bailing after that.
This one just seems to be impossibly hard or average to beat. I was playing this one yesterday while I was waiting for the other 3 Borg Space STF's where cooling down (the cure found is my fave to play) and we beat vessel one in like 5 mins (i was flying vesta with all there consoles) as i was just disabling its shields and systems with all my sci buffs and rifts/wells... but vessel two... was at for a good 30 mins and I think the lowest we got it was about 70% hull... before we all were destroyed and by the time we got back it was 100% again. I had to leave in the end as it was really really grinding my gears...

where as other times both vessels are beaten in about 10 mins...

this is why I hardly play it... as you can play it an hour and not get any closer to beating them!
Career Officer
# 8
08-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Three STF's are easy as pie. One stf is darned right difficult. I think its not broken, we have just been spoilt by weak Borg. Of course their lances are going to shoot you from over 10km away... you seen the SIZE of those things?? They aint gonna roll over and die... you expect a name like 'Hive Onslaught' to be easily beaten... my advice... dont pug, keep firing, stock up on repair consumables.... If you enter it knowing your ship is weak and you end up being obliterated with systems failing everywhere so that your engineer has to hold the warp core together with popsicle sticks and gaffer tape... well... it is the Borg... tough luck... you were warned...
Although I would have thought the fact the game opens on an armada of tac cubes would be a big frickin hint!!!

Last edited by romeowhiskey4; 08-26-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
08-26-2013, 06:04 AM
When will devs of any game learn that instakills do NOT make for better or more fun gameplay, it's not a challenge it's a farse to make encounters like this. It's bad enough we're encountering invisible torpedoes in the other STFs and in the RAs.
Is hoping that Isis is an adequate replacement for the Sensor Targetting Assault loss we'll experience in Season 9.
Commander
# 10
08-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
Three STF's are easy as pie. One stf is darned right difficult. I think its not broken, we have just been spoilt by weak Borg. Of course their lances are going to shoot you from over 10km away... you seen the SIZE of those things?? They aint gonna roll over and die... you expect a name like 'Hive Onslaught' to be easily beaten... my advice... dont pug, keep firing, stock up on repair consumables.... If you enter it knowing your ship is weak and you end up being obliterated with systems failing everywhere so that your engineer has to hold the warp core together with popsicle sticks and gaffer tape... well... it is the Borg... tough luck... you were warned...
Although I would have thought the fact the game opens on an armada of tac cubes would be a big frickin hint!!!
This would be acceptable if we had not already experienced a far different version of this STF before legacy that while still challenging was not as absurd as this has become. Being killed where you spawn simply because of " the SIZE of those things" is not justified, if it were we wouldn't be able to go anywhere when a sector wide Red Alert pops up because the army of Borg within would blow us up from there.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan