Career Officer
Pretty much as the title of the thread suggests, what is this outfit:

Screenshot

And how do I get it?

Any ideas anyone?

It looks a bit like the Dyson Researcher outfit mixed up with some sort of EV suit... Hope it does become a costume unlock. Parts of it look really good.

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Captain
# 2
01-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Did you get the picture from the dev blog about the anniversary?

Or

A random search on the Internet?

If the first then obviously it's tied to the anniversary featured episode...and no one knows if we keep it, use it or get it as a costume...
Chive on and prosper

Shoot enough bullets in the dark and your bound to hit something
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-27-2014, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Anniversary Event ? Q?s Party

As mentioned, Qmendations are going to be used for our anniversary event reputation system. Captains can help Q coordinate his party in a quick daily mission on Starfleet Academy or the Klingon Academy to earn 40 Qmendations. There are also other prizes available to earn during the event, including special EV Suits in the Feature Episode, which will be revealed in tomorrow?s Dev Blog.
From the Dev blog featuring the image you're asking bout.

One can surmise that this is an EV suit that can be obtained from partaking in Q's fun and games during the anniversary event or maybe a reward for doing the special featured episode.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Captain
# 4
01-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Is it me or does the backpart look a lot like some of the Risian Floaters?

Also i like it, i do hope its going to be part of the upcomming event

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Rihannsu
# 5
01-27-2014, 07:05 PM
It's from the dev blog about the anniversary event.

and yeah.... looks like it's a new type of EV suit.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 6
01-27-2014, 09:07 PM
That's actually not going to be in the game, they accidentally posted a screenshot from Halo.
Career Officer
# 7
01-28-2014, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
From the Dev blog featuring the image you're asking bout.

One can surmise that this is an EV suit that can be obtained from partaking in Q's fun and games during the anniversary event or maybe a reward for doing the special featured episode.
Doh! Reading comprehension fail...

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Captain
# 8
01-29-2014, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmakepeace View Post
That's actually not going to be in the game, they accidentally posted a screenshot from Halo.
It actually looks a lot like the cool asassin EV suits in Star Trek VI (Yes I want those in game):

Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 9
01-29-2014, 06:45 AM
To me it looks a bit like the Iron Man gemini suit...
Captain
# 10
01-30-2014, 09:32 AM
These are indeed the new EV suits to go along with the new Dyson Tech ships. You get one of these from doing the anniversary mission. You can repeat the mission to get all three, and if you do that, you can trade them and 100 lobi for an upgraded version. There are two different upgraded versions as well.

So far, it just sounds like it's and EV suit with no costume unlock, which sucks because they really need to add an EV costume slot so we can use our Maco sets, or at least not be stuck with the clunky over armored suits without losing out on set bonus'.