Lt. Commander
# 1071
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

How could I not?! Killing Feds around Sols system and Vulcan itself!
I have screens and vids, thanks to wegamer.com

Poor Feds cant protect their homes, make way for those we will take over your worlds!

It is great to be back in the saddle again.

Yours in Invasive Plasma,
Star¤Dagger
LOL the Klings TRIED to take Andor...... they got smacked down Oh and my fleet were on the ground at Risa.... KLINGS DENIED the beautiful beaches and women of Risa
Lt. Commander
# 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthalas View Post
Everybody wanted to imagine that this was going to be some kind of uber planned war, but it is only the last hours of beta.

Let me explain you what is going on. The universe as you know it (The Beta Universe) dissapears tonight, but not because the server is closed. It gets assimilated. That's what this is; overwhelming ennemy forces taking over the universe before it shuts down.

No more, no less.

I find it super-funny and I'm enjoting it like cracy
This.

...Damn 10 char rule...
Lt. Commander
# 1073
just had a fairly good encounter with a 3 of 8 sphere, was a good fight. Enjoyed it mucho!
Lt. Commander
# 1074 sigh
01-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I got stuck in Risa with the borg and couldn't escape - id warp to sector , try to go to Sol - but noooo you can't escape- just kept sucking me back in
Lt. Commander
# 1075
01-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I have to say that tonights End of Beta event was...short of saying lame. Couldn't get enough klingons in the Earth Space Dock area before being obliterated. They were getting whipped before they had a chance. I did try to get my fellow federation buddies to stop and let them come in before battle but that was pointless. Then there was the Borg. At first it was fun, but got extremely boring then they turned extremely hard, then weak again (in space). Furthermore, there was the ground battle of the borg. Another joke. Way too many and had no objectives but try to kill them, over and over and over again. There were areas on the spacestation where there was at least 25+ grouped together trying to block off areas and not doing anything else but just standing there. Only way to make them vanish was to vaporise one of them. Other then that they would shut down and slowly regen back to health. The even was a big failure, no fun no enjoyment.
Lt. Commander
# 1076
01-26-2010, 04:45 PM
so far, not so good
Lt. Commander
# 1077
01-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm just really dissapointed in the End of Beta.

I expected some pomp, some fun, some challenges.

Hell the build up was a blast, with ships racing back and forth searching for the Klingons and then...

The Dev pretty much said, "Pucker up Buttercups. Take it in the Arse."

No heroics.

No chance of making anything memorable. No event.

Just warp in...get two shotted...repeat ad infintium. yeah, Borg Rockerz all right. Yawn.

Hell, on Sol Dock, the battle against the Drones was almost fun. till you realized that people were rage Quiting, not working together.

Perhaps I'm old and jaded, but I remember when Asheron's Call ended beta. It was wild! A memory that wil not fade. The GM laid waste to the country side, the skies filled with fire and shooting stars, and even the spawns started to freak out. Then we all partied, GM and players.

Here I just heard a half dozen people say that if this is what to expect, screw it they would go to MAG, or Terra, or some other game.

No honor. No Heroics. Just vaccum.

Sad.
Lt. Commander
# 1078
01-26-2010, 04:47 PM
was fun when the cubes finally got there but the dieing got old prity quick would have been nice if they allowed us instant lvl 50 so i could have had a crack with a defiant agasint the borg cube but oh well.. bed time, off to dream of a fresh start..
Lt. Commander
CODERANGER found a log in client solution to get past your EXE commands and fix a problem that existed
since the Server Crash on Sunday Morning for a large number of people..

Thats what we expect from Cryptic more good karma and not waiting 1 hr on the tech help line without anyone helping us.

This patch is slow and huge..because of demand should extend the cut off to the end of the day or 11:59 your time tonight ?
Lt. Commander
# 1080
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leppy View Post
I got stuck in Risa with the borg and couldn't escape - id warp to sector , try to go to Sol - but noooo you can't escape- just kept sucking me back in
Yes, this is why the event is fail. Even if you wanted to spend the last few hours of Beta flying around and site-seeing or finishing one quest and maybe productively adding to the bug report, you can't. Because you are stuck in an infinite loop where some GM gets to rage over being a GM.