Lt. Commander
# 1561
01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmana View Post
Next there were not enought Borg ships arriving to ESD. Klingons faced not just evil federation players, they faced bored federation players with nothing better to do.
LOL! I wish i'd had the internet speed to make it. Stupid hotel. Truth is there is not much worse than a group of bored players.

I have to agree with some of the earlier posts though, the borg were suppose to be tough. The only reason that most of the cubes so far in the series were taken down was through tricks (put them to sleep), they were already jacked up pretty good or disconnected (Lore's Pet Borg), or due to pre-knowledge/link to the borg (Picard's actions in First Contact). Before that they pretty much rolled everyone.

If the borg bring it hard in the future its should be tough to just take down basic cubes. Tech has not substantailly increased. The Federation and Klingons, both desperate to raise their numbers have used some older tech ships. The Newest ships should START to be a match for cubes. I mean cubes are HUGH. MASSIVE. The Enterprise D and E was not a full 1/4 of the size of one. It must have a large power plant. So let them be tough. Not unbeatable, but not for a moment easier.

Just my 2 cents. I can't wait to get back in this in a short while.
Lt. Commander
# 1562
01-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Just reading this: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/267380, and in it it's said:
Quote:
a few and I mean a few players in the over all sceam of thigns were given speical items to use after launch. What happen is Fed were told to attack Special borg cubes when they appeared. If they did the first 50 were brought into a special instance were after a bit of a figth the bor cubes controls by Devs blew up and those 50 players got the special item.

What?!
Yes i agree... WHAT???
I attacked a Sphere just outside Spacedock with a Fleet memeber and neither of us got any special msg or items or anything... never herd anything about this. IF its true then im getting SICK of all this special crap that not everyone knows about or has a change to obtain.
Can anyone from Cryptic Dev's OR someone who participated in such battles confirm or deny this giving of "special" event give-out items for use in game release?

I would like to know.
Lt. Commander
# 1563
01-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I missed the event but I was able to find a youtube video of the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6jNY0dnoE
Lt. Commander
# 1564
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Lol I believe I now understand the Klingon's pain from last night....just got back from SWG ( yes I'm still playing it....for now ). During a city wide invasion, a huge lagfest began; no one could move at all and we would get a registered incap about 3-4min after it happened. This just lasted for about an hour, and after the invasion was sopossed to end the timer started to increase lol now everyone over there is mega pi$$ed at SOE. Maybe a few will come to STO LOL.

I now feel your pain Klingons...
How does this make you understand the Klingon's pain of being instantly nuked by extremely large numbers of Fed players even when they were TRYING to help said Fed players against the Borg. Heck, I saved a Fed captains life only to be zapped to death by her. Gee, you Feds have a weird way of saying 'Thank You'..
Lt. Commander
# 1565
01-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Hmm... I only saw, maybe, 3 Klingons during the event... Which I ignored-- I was trying -futilely!- to get the last 300 points for captain...

No, I did not do any PvP during the event. (In fact, I haven't done any PvP since the first week of OB. In my experience there, neither side spawn camped the other.) I did try to get to the Pi Canis sector block to *try* the defense missions there... But I got stopped at the entrance to Sirius by the Borg (Isn't that Swedish? =P ) and everytime I tried to leave the instance, I was dragged back in. In fact the only way I avoided them was by *dying* during the transition back to sector space and respawning. Not a lot of fun for me, but I was really set on trying to get the last few points sooo....Very frustrating to know that I could have gotten them had I had a little more content for the last few levels.

That said, there was no announcement as to the beginning of the event. Starfleet said zilch as the appearance of a Klingon invasion of the Sirius sector... Or the Borg invasion. Only reason I had a clue was because a Klingon broadcast that he was finally the first (Nevermind Worf or the Duras sisters! =P ) into the area and then fellow Fed captains stated in Beta Ursae, "The Borg are in Sirius!" My point in this is, that communications by the dev's could have been a little better. =P
Lt. Commander
# 1566
01-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophielia View Post
Hmm... I only saw, maybe, 3 Klingons during the event... Which I ignored-- I was trying -futilely!- to get the last 300 points for captain...

No, I did not do any PvP during the event. (In fact, I haven't done any PvP since the first week of OB. In my experience there, neither side spawn camped the other.) I did try to get to the Pi Canis sector block to *try* the defense missions there... But I got stopped at the entrance to Sirius by the Borg (Isn't that Swedish? =P ) and everytime I tried to leave the instance, I was dragged back in. In fact the only way I avoided them was by *dying* during the transition back to sector space and respawning. Not a lot of fun for me, but I was really set on trying to get the last few points sooo....Very frustrating to know that I could have gotten them had I had a little more content for the last few levels.

That said, there was no announcement as to the beginning of the event. Starfleet said zilch as the appearance of a Klingon invasion of the Sirius sector... Or the Borg invasion. Only reason I had a clue was because a Klingon broadcast that he was finally the first (Nevermind Worf or the Duras sisters! =P ) into the area and then fellow Fed captains stated in Beta Ursae, "The Borg are in Sirius!" My point in this is, that communications by the dev's could have been a little better. =P
A little better????? More like it was non existent during the event.......and the only thing that salvaged the whole event a little bit was the Borg invasion. I think the majority of posters and readers would agree. Now, if only a Dev would acknowledge this on behalf of cryptic rather then saying in their press release it was a success, and let us know they intend to do better.
Lt. Commander
# 1567
01-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Shame the OB come to an end! It was very good with the borg showing up!

Whoo Hooo kick arse!
Lt. Commander
# 1568
01-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
A little better????? More like it was non existent during the event.......and the only thing that salvaged the whole event a little bit was the Borg invasion. I think the majority of posters and readers would agree. Now, if only a Dev would acknowledge this on behalf of cryptic rather then saying in their press release it was a success, and let us know they intend to do better.
Definitely. The lack of communication during the event was just pathetic, no matter how unplanned it (obviously) was..

One can only hope that if they're doing a headstart event, like they did with Champions, that they've taken copious notes from both CO and STO on what to do better, but this doesn't fill me with hope
Lt. Commander
# 1569
01-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Definitely. The lack of communication during the event was just pathetic, no matter how unplanned it (obviously) was..

One can only hope that if they're doing a headstart event, like they did with Champions, that they've taken copious notes from both CO and STO on what to do better, but this doesn't fill me with hope
But surely if everyone new about these special items no one would do anything else for the entire event?

Imagine the delight when you got a special item and didn't know anything about it. I personally wouldn't of wanted to know and I'm glad they kept it quiet even if i didn't get anything.
Lt. Commander
# 1570
01-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLJLewis View Post
But surely if everyone new about these special items no one would do anything else for the entire event?

Imagine the delight when you got a special item and didn't know anything about it. I personally wouldn't of wanted to know and I'm glad they kept it quiet even if i didn't get anything.
Hmm, but how would you know the item was special? For example: I got a nice blue drop from one of the borg cubes we pwned, but as it was above my level I didn't really take much notice of it (especially since the beta was ending shortly).