Captain
# 1 New Romulan Militia uniforms
08-24-2014, 07:25 PM
With the Mercenary top now added to uniforms - and thus available to male BOffs - I'm wanting to dress some of my characters in the uniforms worn by, for lack of a better term, the New Romulus Militia; the guys you can see in the Command Center and Flotilla wearing the Mercenary tops and Romulan Republic pants...

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the colors just right. Does anyone know if there's a color-map or something like that, similar to the ones made available recently for the different Odyssey uniform variants, that could help me with this?
----
Proud Supporter of the Yeager-type.

Want more player participation, Cryptic? Forget more Queued Events, just raise the Dilithium refinement cap and watch what happens.
Captain
# 2
08-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Is this on Tribble? Because it isn't on Holodeck.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Captain
# 3
08-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Uh, nope, it's definitely on holodeck. I don't play on Tribble or Redshirt.

The confusion may be that "New Romulus Militia" is just my name for them, since they seem to be wearing some kind of uniform, but it isn't the jackets and such of the Republic Fleet. If you want to get a look in-game at the type of NPC I'm talking about, go to the Flotilla on a Romulan character, go to the room where D'Tan is and all the consoles are and there should be two of them standing over by one of the Exchange consoles (to your right when you walk in the room).
----

Want more player participation, Cryptic? Forget more Queued Events, just raise the Dilithium refinement cap and watch what happens.
Captain
# 4
08-25-2014, 05:04 AM
Picture please!
Captain
# 5
08-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Screenshots, okay... Keep in mind that these are from in-game and subject to environmental lighting, which is actually part of my problem on getting the colors right for using the uniform for BOffs...

Male "Republic Romulan" (actual in-game NPC name) on the Flotilla.

Same "Republic Romulan", different angle.

Female "Republic Romulan", also on the Flotilla.

Male "Republic Romulan" on New Romulus Command Center's balcony. They seem to frequent the balcony, but they don't stay still very long, so this was the only good screenshot I got there.

As you can see, the "Republic Romulan" outfit seems to be the Mercenary top mixed with the Romulan Republic 2 pants and assorted belts and chest gear from the different Romulan Republic uniforms. Every time I try to duplicate the outfit on a BOff or Captain now that male Captains and BOffs (but, for some unknown reason, not female ones...) can wear the Mercenary top as a Uniform option, the colors never come out right; always too yellow or too white, right in one lighting but wrong in another... That's what I was hoping someone knew what the actual colors used for the NPC outfits were.
----

Captain
# 6
08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
The Mercenary top is still only usable as an Off-Duty outfit. Can't mix with uniform parts. I looked on my Fed Allied Romulan, and the option for the Mercenary top was not available unless I selected Off-Duty.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Captain
# 7
08-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
The Mercenary top is still only usable as an Off-Duty outfit. Can't mix with uniform parts. I looked on my Fed Allied Romulan, and the option for the Mercenary top was not available unless I selected Off-Duty.
I believe it may be a bug. I haven't noticed the top, but on one of my toons (or their boffs) I did notice the belt being available. I didn't think anything of it, since I don't own the outfit.

Cryptic, please don't remove this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
That's right it's going to be another K'vort thread!
Captain
# 8
08-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Have to disagree, rattler2; I've seen it available as a "Jacket - Loose" uniform option on multiple Romulan (both Fed- and KDF-allied), Fed and KDF characters as a uniform option... but only male characters (Captains and BOffs), so if you're looking on a female character, that could be why you're not finding it. (Why Males and not females, no clue... Really annoying that is, since I was going to go the WoK Scotty route with it on one of my Zarvas and she can't wear it...)
----