Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #48 : The Long Road
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #48 : The Long Road.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
08-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Question: Can more than one ship be involved in the entry? I have an Idea, but wanted to confirm first.
Captain
# 3
08-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
It's been a long road, getting from there to here...
Ick. /10char
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
08-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Question: Can more than one ship be involved in the entry? I have an Idea, but wanted to confirm first.
Absolutely As stated in the rules: The background story, questions I ask, and format requested are only to serve as a platform that you can start your writing from. Feel free to change up the back-story or the way you deliver, as long as the entry stays on topic of the original challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Ick. /10char

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Interesting challenge.

I'll see if I can come up with anything, and look forward to what everyone else writes.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 6
08-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I think I'll just leave this here.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post

Ok you win.
"It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier."
Captain
# 8
08-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Hmm, I've already covered the events following the Valkyrie's engagement in the Moab system, and feel that to show Captain Palmer's immediate after action report would be lacking in resonance, as the fallout from that mission has been covered and moved on from, so might read as hollow... The Vanguard can take considerably more of a pounding, so I can't see it getting trounced quite so soon... I'm going to have to give this challenge some serious thought...
Captain
# 9
08-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Wow, this is going to take some thought. I hope I can come up with an idea before the challenge expires...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Captain
# 10
08-20-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm kind of debating the time frame I want to write for this one...I'm not so sure it'll be "present day."
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com