Starfleet Veteran
# 111
09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
@marcusdkane:

Nice work with your latest entry!!

And I like how you saved S'rR's after that bite. Definitely interesting, now that she's a full Pentaxian.

I look forward to seeing more.

@patrickngo: Re: Her Father's Daughter:

Nice work here. Mirror Liz is definitely an interesting character.

Might need to try that particular challenge with Demon Emperor Lelouch (Introduced in my 'Shards of the Mirror' entry for Lit Challenge 40).
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
Captain
# 112
09-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
@marcusdkane:

Nice work with your latest entry!!

And I like how you saved S'rR's after that bite. Definitely interesting, now that she's a full Pentaxian.

I look forward to seeing more.
Thanks, I wanted there to be an aspect of loss to the story, even if she didn't die. I hope the madness of Ch'K'rr was suitably engaging
Commander
# 113
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry for the long delay. RL got crazy this last week and half.

Posted my entry. Hope everyone enjoys it!
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.
Captain
# 114
09-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
It's not important to get the bigger names in there, i only listed the one as he seemed a good actor for the part range wise. Someone who can be that fatherly figure, yet play an intelligent tactician as well. That's part of the reason i'm asking for advice and opinions, i don't keep up well with current musicians or actors. It doesn't have to be something answered now, but at your leisure, I didn't intend to hijack the thread though, so i probably should have thought this out better.
don't apologize, because it's not a threadjack.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
# 115
09-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post

Good work, sir, nicely done.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
# 116
09-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:

My security clearance did not allow me to proceed...

Only kidding, I absolutely loved it Some really nice humor in there, and still the Commander's name goes unspoken Out of curiosity, do you know it, or is she a truly nameless character?
Commander
# 117
09-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
My security clearance did not allow me to proceed...

Only kidding, I absolutely loved it Some really nice humor in there, and still the Commander's name goes unspoken Out of curiosity, do you know it, or is she a truly nameless character?

Now, what kind of Starfleet Officer would you be if you didn't go around Security to get what you needed to do your job? And if you are not Starfleet, the higher the security rating, the more you want to read it

As for the Commander's name, I see her as a representative for -all- Commanders, so giving out a name would only take away from the story. Maybe she is supposed to be the female Commander of the reader, maybe another female Romulan Commander he/she has met. Maybe these stories are part of their past, or their future, that only the most trusted friends will ever know, or a mark of such infamy that the character is destined to only be a myth, spoken of when no one is looking, and with the Name struck from all memory.

I can say that I have had a name for her at one point, but I let it go unused because I saw her similar to 'The Lieutenant' from Starship Troopers (the book, never the movie). Always spoken of and in the third person, and held in the highest regard by her troops.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad people are enjoying it!
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.
Captain
# 118
09-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Now, what kind of Starfleet Officer would you be if you didn't go around Security to get what you needed to do your job? And if you are not Starfleet, the higher the security rating, the more you want to read it

As for the Commander's name, I see her as a representative for -all- Commanders, so giving out a name would only take away from the story. Maybe she is supposed to be the female Commander of the reader, maybe another female Romulan Commander he/she has met. Maybe these stories are part of their past, or their future, that only the most trusted friends will ever know, or a mark of such infamy that the character is destined to only be a myth, spoken of when no one is looking, and with the Name struck from all memory.

I can say that I have had a name for her at one point, but I let it go unused because I saw her similar to 'The Lieutenant' from Starship Troopers (the book, never the movie). Always spoken of and in the third person, and held in the highest regard by her troops.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad people are enjoying it!
Yes, I see what you mean, all the time she is anonymous, she is indeed an Icon, where a name would make her specific and 'touchable', for want of a better term, so the longer the enigma remains, the better And of course, Rycho lands on his feet again
Commander
# 119
09-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
And of course, Rycho lands on his feet again
Well, somewhat. He's got some heavy baggage with the Flotilla now, and the assignment he's shaping up to receive may well end up being similar to trying to find an enemy battleship squadron with a PT boat. In short, the kind of assignment a commander gets when his superiors want him to not come back. Remember, the ship he's getting is a Federation ship, and that means it doesn't have a cloak. So, when he does find the Borg.....
Captain
# 120
09-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Well, somewhat. He's got some heavy baggage with the Flotilla now, and the assignment he's shaping up to receive may well end up being similar to trying to find an enemy battleship squadron with a PT boat. In short, the kind of assignment a commander gets when his superiors want him to not come back. Remember, the ship he's getting is a Federation ship, and that means it doesn't have a cloak. So, when he does find the Borg.....
Hmm, that's true, I'll definitely look forward to reading that encounter According to the STO specs, the Nova/Rhode Island class can project a holographic decoy, so that may be of help