# 1 TV series based on Myst?
08-25-2013, 11:34 AM
WHO WANTS?!

ME
ME
ME
ME
MEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEMMEMEMe

How it could be done: (Basically my idea, feel free to make your own)

There is University student, who when not studying astronomy, watches too much Star Trek, eats microwave meals because it feels like a replicator and does not value his friends or family.

Especially the STO community. He is a compulsive complainer in STFs, and has a fleet with only 1 member. Himself.

One day, a MYSTerious book suddenly appears in the students bedroom. It is burnt , shriveled, and generally in a bad state.

The student approaches it, and opens it. The has a picture. A moving picture. The student throws the book away, and scrubs his eyes. Thinking he is in a dream he wacks himself on the head. He is awake. It is like something right out of Harry Potter!

He open the books again, and places his hand on the book. He feels this tingling sensation all over. He sees the world going away. He also insists, to this day, that he hears Star Trek transporter sounds, but that is by the by.

He finds himself standing, in his pyjamas on a wooden walkway. Beside him, his a ship, sunken in the water. He steps forward surveying this new world. In the distance he can make out some large gears. He steps some more, and comes to an odd look box with a handle.

He walks up some stairs and walks to another set of stairs. This is where he finds a paper.

It is a message to Catherine saying that a man called Altrus needs her help, and he has left a message in a machine by the dock. The student puts the paper in his pocket and decides to walk on some more. He passes by a strange marble building, then a larger building. Peeking inside, he can make out some books. Perhaps a private library. He tuns to his left and sees some pillars and water feature halfway down the "aisle". He continues past and stops at a brick building. A few steps ahead he turns around and sees something that resembles a shed. In the distance, he could make out a ... well lighthouse is not the right word, but a small tower with a clock on it. He turns around to make his way back and think of a way out. He increases his pace. Far away, in the distance, he notices two things.

A rocket.

No phaser banks or impulse engines ... mehhh and a strange object on the mountain. He runs down the stairs back to where he found himself. He decides to lean on the side when ...

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-25-2013, 11:35 AM
The above could be Episode 1

Episode 2 continues where he left off.

A door opens up behind him. He gets up and turns around.

There he sees some stairs leading down ... to an odd looking machine. He, with trepidation, walks down until he gets to the machine. He takes out his note. He reads "and input the number of Maker switches on the island".

The student ponders the situation. Then it occurred to him, those funny looking boxes could be it. Still no sign of where to input anything ... He turns around , disappointed, when he spots a piece of paper on the wall. At the top left hand corner is a button. He presses the button and the then wall behind the paper moves out of sight to reveal a simple machine.

It had two digits, with an up and down arrow. The student remembers the funny boxes and selects the number "08". He then presses the button which makes several beeps then paper appears. Nothing happens ...

The student opens the book again. He tries to put his hand on the book ... but nothing happens. He turns the page. It then says "Look for a letter, follow the instructions". Curious ... he had never seen this before. He turns again ... and for good measure takes a pen out of his pyjama top (he does Homework late at night). More instructions "Press the button on the machine". The student turns the page ... blank ... like before. He slowly moves towards the machine and presses a large golden button. The machines buzzes and makes an electrical whirl, before an image of a man with 1970's glasses appear. He calls himself Altrus [the man from before thinks the student] and says to his wife that he his trapped in an "age" and his books have been burnt. He also suspects his sons are behind it. He says he need her to try and help figure out where the missing page for his book was, and try and get it to him.

Wait for episode 3!

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!

Last edited by jumpingjs; 08-25-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Reserved for Episode 3

The student thinks. Missing page. Man sounds like he needs help. The student thought, as I am trapped here, I might as well try and work a way out of here.

He heads for the library ... perhaps he could find out the sizes of the book. The was walking up the stairs when he realized he forgot the book at the bottom of the stairs.

He goes back for it and when he looks some more writing appears. You are right ... the Library would be a good place to go. Oh, and talking to yourself is useful when you are on your own. That is right, I offer tips and advice!

Stunned, but happy at the same time, he picks up the book and hurries for the library. When he enters he sees the bookcase at the other end. He strides across the room, but while he does so he notices various things, most interestingly there were two books, one blue and one red.

He looked down at the book. "Perhaps ... try opening one of those books ... ". The students favourite colour was infrared, but red would do, so he went over to the red book.

He opens it up and he receives static. But sometimes a thing man would make it through, and he could make out his name "Sirius". [Altrus mentioned him ...]

Last edited by jumpingjs; 08-25-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Personally, I think Myst would be better served as one of those long-runtime arthouse movies. The sort of movies that thrive on the extended dialog free scenes, big set pieces, high concepts, etc. Could stay extremely true to the source material that way.

Not very likely to happen, I think, since those kind of movies are usually shameless oscar bait biopics to make up for their high budgets and narrow appeal. I could see it taking a few of the technical awards, but you're probably not getting a Best Actor out of that kind of setup.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Personally, I think Myst would be better served as one of those long-runtime arthouse movies. The sort of movies that thrive on the extended dialog free scenes, big set pieces, high concepts, etc. Could stay extremely true to the source material that way.

Not very likely to happen, I think, since those kind of movies are usually shameless oscar bait biopics to make up for their high budgets and narrow appeal. I could see it taking a few of the technical awards, but you're probably not getting a Best Actor out of that kind of setup.
I see what you mean, but it would still be cool!