Career Officer
# 1 PWE website error (STO)
08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Can PWE make a website that doesn't fall apart the moment you click on it?

I got a couple of redirects to my.perfectworld/sto trying to login.

Whatever that did, I have no idea, since the screen was just blank.

And it's not the first time this has happened.

Several times in the past, when I've tried to access PWE specific sites, my browser has experienced severe errors.

I hope they're not integrating the official STO site into that server.
Captain
# 2
08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
STO's website required Java and Flash. Check your system to make sure both of those programs are up to date. I routinely get on using Chrome, Firefox, and my Tablet without the login issues you're discussing.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
08-20-2013, 04:14 PM
you might want to make sure everything is working on your end before berating PWE for theirs.....

they have a lot of capital invested and an actual IT team working on their system and site....it works, for many different possible gateways to boot...

you might want to check on yours ....
Career Officer
# 4
08-20-2013, 06:42 PM
I'll admit I'm not an IT expert.

But what I suspect is happening is the PWE websites can't work with my geographical region.

Or they hate Safari web browser.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Same thing is happening for me when I try to access the "My Account" page via the link at the top of the website. Firefox takes me to a blank page and using IE to check from a separate browser, the page returned an HTTP 500 error.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 6
08-21-2013, 03:48 PM
I got this as well when trying to access the my account page. My java etc is completely up to date and my system is not at fault. Its a server error coming up. Error 500 is page not found error.
Career Officer
# 7
08-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Having read this I checked on the "My Account" link at the top of the page and I got a blank page. I'm using Firefox 23.0.1 with Java and Flash up-to-date. I checked the main PWE site which worked fine and I was able to check my PWE account from that site. I then tried the "My Account" link at the top of the STO page again and this time it loaded up fine. Maybe they've been doing some work on the site or something? *shrug*