Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
We brought down the Tribble server earlier for maintenance to apply a new update, ST.31.20130803a.9

General
  • The Elachi Monbosh Battleship has had its cloaking device removed.
    • Any ships that are already owned will have cloak removed.
    • Any ships that are purchased new will not have cloak.
  • The mail window has been updated to display a maximum of 300 mails.
  • The icons have been updated for all passive science, tactical and engineering consoles:
    • In addition to this, the following icons have also been updated:
      • The hyper-injection antimatter warp core icons are now based on the Defiant's warp core.
      • Field stabilizing antimatter warp cores now use the old hyper-injection warp core icons
      • Standard issue warp cores now use the old field stabilizing antimatter warp core icon
      • Standard issue Romulan singularity cores have new icons.
  • There are now proper messages when promoting and demoting leaders in a fleet.
  • The game window can no longer be smaller than 256x256 when playing in windowed mode.

Known Issues:
  • There is a new crash to desktop that may occur while using gateway.
Empire Veteran
# 2 Please fix the Veteran reward
08-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Icat get fireworks for my KDF char, i have bought a liferu upgrade for get firework on my KDF character, anmd its bugged
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Darn, not first this time ...

Nonetheless a new featured crash, always good .
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^

Last edited by stoutes; 08-19-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
08-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Mhhmm ...

And when did the bug of bridge officers will be solved? (When the officers left their "position")

Because of this bug, many people want to leave the game.
Career Officer
# 5
08-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
  • The game window can no longer be smaller than 256x256 when playing in windowed mode.
This is odd. Why enforce a size limit?
Rihannsu
# 6
08-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
...The icons have been updated for all passive science, tactical and engineering consoles
I've seen the new icons presented by Thomas. Most of them are great/improvements, I think.

However, it's too bad there was no consulting with the players before pushing them out... From that thread it seems most people (including myself) are not too keen on the icons for the Engineering Armor/Resistance consoles. The general consensus being that they look too alike. A similar complaint has been said about the Tactical Weapon Buffing consoles.

Also, thanks guys for fixing the TNG Costume Pants last week. When can we see more costume fixes? There are may such issues (check out my signature banner link).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 08-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Captain
# 7
08-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
However, it's too bad there was no consulting with the players before pushing them out... From that thread it seems most people (including myself) are not too keen on the icons for the Engineering Armor/Resistance consoles. The general consensus being that they look too alike. A similar complaint has been said about the Tactical Weapon Buffing consoles.
Before reading this, it was the first thing I though. I think they need more than just a color difference between them. Color is not so easy to see on a small icon, and it's a real problem for colorblind people.
The icons look cool, but we will need some time to get used to them.
Captain
# 8
08-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I've seen the new icons presented by Thomas. Most of them are great/improvements, I think.

Also, thanks guys for fixing the TNG Costume Pants last week. When can we see more costume fixes? There are may such issues (check out my signature banner link).
1. It is now much more difficult to distinguish between consoles within certain categories. For example, all energy damage consoles look the same except for color. Similar comments apply to kinetic damage consoles, hull plating consoles, and alloy consoles.

2. Color is used to represent rarity in this game. Using color to also represent console type creates problems. For example, I can see someone mistaking a polaron damage console for an energy damage console of another type.

Last edited by frtoaster; 08-19-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
08-19-2013, 04:30 PM
still no fix for the romulan clothing clipping... is it that hard to fix?
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
08-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the icons, everyone!

After looking at feedback we reviewed the icons for the engineering alloys and decided that they indeed did look too similar. I've already checked in new art for these icons that still has a uniform style but is more distinct:

New Alloy Icons
Star Trek Online - UI Artist
@Cryptic_TTC on Twitter