Lt. Commander
# 41
08-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This one is really cool! The crystals "float" up/ side-ways through the light beams, almost like piping. They are in various places around the mine's interior.

In due time, as we get closer to Season 8's release, which is scheduled to occur before the end of the year

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
These projects aren't worth 200K of dilithium. They're worth 50K tops. I'm co-lead of a small fleet and we've only done the tier 1 starbase. The embassy, mine and higher tiers of the starbase aren't worth starting since the resource requirements are ridiculous, and this crap pretty much killed the fleet. I'm the only one still active in it.
Playing since launch in 2010.
Republic Veteran
# 42
08-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
I'll definitely pass the feedback along We're always considering ideas on how to make them even better!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yeah like others have said, maybe something that adds some sort of utility instead of just something that looks pretty.
Captain
# 43
08-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
It almost seems like low hanging fruit to ask that if their opinion is irrelevant, how do you uphold your claim to Grand Imperial Arbiter of Coolness?
I didnt say I was as you say Grand Arbiter of Coolness. I was just saying this is Brandons opinion that its cool. In my opinion the dilithium mine projects are worse than the other time sinks and a lot of small fleets are sick of them and plus having dilithium floating in light just seems pointless when they could always do better projects or more important things like fix the bugs since season 7
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 44
08-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Instead of using dilithium I think more people would be more inclined to do these if they changed it to Fleet marks I for one would be more inclined to do more of them
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Career Officer
# 45
08-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
This one is really cool!
This is cool? Remind me to not let you plan my next party.

Cool would be something not useless.
Cool would be it not costing 200k Dil.
Cool would be spending your time fixing issues. My Space Power tray still loses things I place and adds things I don't place. Even though its 'locked'.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 08-21-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 46
08-21-2013, 10:01 PM
The equivalent of around $20 in dilithium, for a non functional thing.
Way over priced.

Do want. Sad we'll never have.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Sheshar, Voth Fighter Favs - Corsair, Bulwark, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE
Career Officer
# 47
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM
"... WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME OF CHESS ?..."

DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
08-21-2013, 10:15 PM
TBH im not surprised, its been about 3 weeks since the last cash grab item hit for a fleet project...

and since the free week giveaway is over they gota recover the money the lost (holding peoples stipends for ransom apparently didn't cover the giveaway afterall)

Cryptic, im not saying don't try to make money, but you (the company) have to be rolling cash in on a monthly basis with everything that is offered like....50 dollar starships, I think its time to reconsider doing that business ethics class and re-ask if what your doing is ethical.

and ya I could care less if my post gets omitted, changed or straight banned anymore. its the same as ignoring the player base anyway (which you do on a daily basis so kudos on that too)

let me clarify a bit...company asks us for money, we give
community asks for bug fixes on any scale, we don't get....

get the picture?

Last edited by bunansa; 08-21-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Captain
# 49
08-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Isn't this like, the third Dev Blog in a row about a 200,000 Dilithium mine project? My fleet is tiny. We may get round to filling the first one, at some point, after everything else gets to the point where we can't go on. But to already be on the fifth project? Never going to happen for us.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Commander
# 50
08-22-2013, 04:18 AM
I find the time limited nature for all these upgrades for looks questionable.

The artificial and time limited scarcity makes me usually pass on any project, no matter how cool it is.