Captain
I just managed to spawn the player above the ceiling. I was testing positioning in the engine room on the USS Warwick map and forgot to set the y-coordinate back to 0 when I put the spawn point back where it was supposed to be.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I love a good typo. Once labeled two groups of Klingon frigates as "Klingon Nirds of Prey."
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Career Officer
# 3
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Instead of "Beam the food to the galley" I typoed "Bean the food to the galley". Fart there? I couldn't tell.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 4
11-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I love a good typo. Once labeled two groups of Klingon frigates as "Klingon Nirds of Prey."
Now, I got the image of a crew of Klingons with thick-rimmed glasses and pocket protectors who spend their time arguing who was the better Emperor and waving their Bat'leths pathetically when they're fighting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofasternow View Post
Now, I got the image of a crew of Klingons with thick-rimmed glasses and pocket protectors who spend their time arguing who was the better Emperor and waving their Bat'leths pathetically when they're fighting.
foam bat'leths with duct tape on them
Rihannsu
# 6
11-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I once published a mission with the wrong faction of allied ships.... It's not particularly hilarious but it's a major goof.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
11-06-2013, 05:10 PM
During the beginning of my 2nd mission, you are captured and you can see prisoners thrown to targs by the evil bad guy. Everything happen behind a forcefield, so the player can't help, and witness with horror the execution. To make it last a few seconds, and not several minutes, the targs are the highest difficulty group, and the prisoners a team of ensigns.
During testing, the targs and prisoners used to clip through the floor, and I was unable to test it further.

Once published, the targs went over the forcefields, or the players BOFFs jumped over the fence and joined the ensign, usually ending in their death. It was really funny to see prisoners, guards and player fight against the crazy targs jumping everywhere.

It took me about 1 week to find the problem (a bug I was able to test only on a published mission) : the forcefields were not on the same exact line (X or Z), and it made a very small hole between them (less than 1cm).

So far, I think that's my biggest and only goof. Some typos, and naming error, like having an ensign labeled as captain, while the captain was labeled ensign (it's a trap !), but nothing else.
----

STO, featuring Admiral Turok.
Captain
# 8
11-06-2013, 05:29 PM
My biggest goof, was thinking my mission was finished and that since it was being published on the internet that no one would care about typos. The mission had some real flaws to polish including a bug that trapped a few players with a wall that was set to invisible. This is why I cringe every time the foundry goes down. Will my months and months of work get ruined by a new season update?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR