Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean1 View Post
Before I commit myself to this, I have a question. It's about this statement -

I leave the house by 4:30am PDT, for work. So posting the mission "as close to 10am PDT as possible, but not after" is impossible for me. Is 4:30am acceptable? Can it be changed to "Wednesday, October 2nd, between 12:01 - 10am PDT?"

If this is set in stone that's ok, I will most likely miss the deadline anyway. I just need to know before I spend a month making a mission. This one looks really good, can't wait to play these.
Aslong as it's published and Branflakes can find it at said date and time you'll be fine.
Lieutenant
# 22
08-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Ok, thanks.
Career Officer
# 23
08-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
I am so wanting to create a mission using catstar's magnificent youtube movie
Holy crap catstar is awesome

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Commander
# 24
08-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow this is frustrating... Just finishing the first part of a time-travelling series based around the time ships and the previous missions of my BTRW-series involved time travel... oh well, you got to go with the flow...

...now wheres my flux-capacitor?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 25
08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I've never taken part in a Foundry challenge before, might give it a go this time
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
08-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
Wow this is frustrating... Just finishing the first part of a time-travelling series based around the time ships and the previous missions of my BTRW-series involved time travel... oh well, you got to go with the flow...

...now wheres my flux-capacitor?
Time travel is a hard one... first two ideas I had threw me into a loop of confusion.

However I think I have something now that goes along the lines of... A leads to B leads to C leads to A.
Commander
# 27
08-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Time travel is a hard one... first two ideas I had threw me into a loop of confusion.

However I think I have something now that goes along the lines of... A leads to B leads to C leads to A.
But then a revelation that the B led to C only because of an alternate A-B-C-A event not previously known!

I have literally have a folder devoted to time travel ideas (brain storming for series), if any one wants inspiration then just send me a bell.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Commander
# 28
08-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Damn, I've just had a fantastic, mind-numbingly complex time travel idea to follow up to my first mission. Might take longer than the time for this though... plus I just threw a paddy about how it's too early... and I have to put my other stuff on hold... but it's reeeeeally awesome.... hmmm.... what do I do, what do I do!?

thay8472,
If it doesn't confuse you, then it is too predictable! Your best bet is to sketch out timelines on paper, like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bladewo...1483/lightbox/
Career Officer
# 29 Personal Challenge
08-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Since the focus will be on time travel, could someone come up with a scenario that "repairs" the mess that is the last episode of "Enterprise" titled "These are the Voyages.."?

Would that be against the rules? I'd be happy to tip lots of dilithium if it means closure and not having a major character die needlessly.

I have an idea for a story, but doubt that I have the Foundry skills to make it happen.

(I missed the series the when it came out and just finished it yesterday, so it's new for me.)
"Crewman, your resume says you are telepathic. Then could you please explain to me why you failed in your attempt to confiscate contraband from the crew?!"
Rihannsu
# 30
08-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Just a quick question about the deadline for those of us in different time zones, if I have to upload in the morning my time or maybe even the night before which is like 8 hours ahead is that too. I'll be back at uni then which is unpredictable so that's an awkward time.