Lieutenant
# 1 "New" Tour of the Universe
08-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Just tried the "new" Tour of the Universe, with the 4 hour cool down. My science officer have the Vesta, with a mix of skills/equipments/officers that allow her to do it fast, in less than 12 minutes, so I was able to do it 5 times! And I know that some have even more specialized character for that event. They are now nearly useless. The Vesta allow me to stay in slipstream 1 minutes, but it's also useless, since LoR, because it stop when you change sector.

So, now I can still do it with my science officer in ~12 minutes, can do it in ~15 minutes with my main, because he have the 1000 days subscription ship and in ~17-18 minutes with another character, because she have the MACO engine. But that's it. So, for 1.2 millions credits, I may probably do some other group events that will give me stuff to sell to may do even more than that, with dilitium/marks over that. I liked the event, but now, I'm not so sure that it is that useful anymore.

I'm sure that they did it because they didn't though about this event when they speed up warp travel and they found that peoples where doing to much cash now. At least, reduce the cool down to 30 minutes. This way, I could at least do it twice with each of my 2 fastest characters, so 4 times, like before LoR.

Last edited by stephane2258; 08-26-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
08-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Used to be able to squeeze in 6 full tours, depending on the loading times, so around 10 minutes. Now I don't even bother. Such an unwarranted change.

Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Having never done the event I personally do not know what all the rage is about. They slapped a cool down on the event, so what. I would have had some form of one from the beginning since as a developer you want the players playing all of the content not just one or two items of the content and as I understand it people were just doing 3 to 4 sectors dropping the mission and then picking it up again and repeating which is, to my understanding, not what they wanted.

IMHO what should have been done is have the EC earned given at the end of the run only, that way if you can do the run in 10 minutes for 6 times in an hour go for it but you cannot do just 2 to 4 sectors and then drop the mission. If the hour runs out then what ever is in the "pot" you can collect when you turn in the mission but only if the hour is up.
Career Officer
# 4
08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
The thing is now all those doffs and other stuff helping with faster sector space travelling are basically useless. Befor it was this cool race against the time with a complete speed setup on your ship with all the shinies giving speed or reducing slipstream cd and stuff. Now its nothing or some coffee and cake run at best.

Slipstream in general is much more useless now since it wont go over loading screens as before. Most ppl i know use transwarp anyways since there are enough points already to transwarp to and if not in most cases there are story missions providing an transwarp point or the one from asteroid mining to get to ds9 and the dil mine.

Dont know who is responsible for this but adding the cooldown was a very bad idea limiting the number of things to do and strife for in this game even further.
Captain
# 5
08-27-2013, 01:28 PM
My guess: A ham-fisted way to limit EC so prices on the exchange will drop.
# 6
08-28-2013, 11:47 AM
whats stupid with the cooldown is why 4 hours?, it was broken before they fixed it so you can do TTU more than once, now you cant
Lieutenant
# 7
08-30-2013, 01:36 AM
Okay, so, stop the whining.
I'm not sure why the put in the cool-down, but they haven't done anything to this event.... IF you have multiple characters.

Instead of running one character through 3-5 loops, build 3-5 characters, park them in club 47, and run each of them through a loop. Works for the short route too.

As for the Vesta, yeah, that kinda sux, but you can stuff an SSR warp drive in her and get half the cool-down on that beefy transwarp engine. should help a little....