Rihannsu
# 31
08-26-2013, 05:42 AM
so, if its cryptic's goal to have players log in on a daily basis (leads to sales) then why not make all marks received in any content in a package like you see in CC, Azure, etc account bound. That way your best toons can collect the marks for "alts".

Also, implementing a marks exchange program that gives a better exchange rate with more compeleted reps on that account?????
Commander
# 32
08-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
I would be happy if they eliminated the marks and made those XP that is applied to the rep as you level and not have any projects for leveling rep. Have the amount of rep that can be gained daily limited to what we can do now so there is still a time gate, but overflow goes to the next days rep automaticaly. Once a tier is reached have the player do a special mission that unlocks the next level. Romulan rep already has the special missions that can be used. No clicky clicky boring projects that get annoying by t2 and makes you want to puke when you are 4k rep from t5.

For buying rep gear you slot the project as normal and it diverts rep XP to that project and a small amount to rep on completion.

Once T5 is achieved rep can still be earned and turned in for gear or dilithium as we do now and accumulates like marks do. BUT you can also transfer that extra rep XP to a lvl 50 alt to assist that one with rep. Transfering extra rep XP from 1 character to another would not hurt the time gate for leveling Cryptic wants because it still requires the same amount of time just not the time spent on each character.

As for making the story missions apply rep XP as suggested by the OP, also make the species you kill apply as well so if you kill a tholian on New Romulas you get a small amount of Nukara rep for killing a tholian. Kill a Tal Shiar in a foundry mission you get Romulan rep. maybe 10 kills of the lowest ranking ones makes 1 mark equivelant and 1 boss level equals 1 mark. Not a whole lot at once but over time and playing it will add up to something. Small enough amount that doing foundry farm for the XP would be a waste of time because doing a quick repeat story mission or queueing up would give far more.
I like those ideas.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
09-02-2013, 03:30 PM
This is so needed for the STO game. It is great to have stuff to do, but it becomes an effort gate for new toons. I wonder if LoR's launch was stunted because of Rep. For me my Rom got leveled to 50 and parked because my 3 fed mains are still in the rep system. My KDF toons are long forgotten because the KDF fleet starbase is second shelf to our fed one, and more holdings and rep systems in the future probably are going to inhibit their catching up.

I feel like the Rep system solved a problem preFleet starbase (nothing to do or earn), but now with holdings and established rep systems we have a problem brought on by the solution of the last problem.

Rep should be account/faction bound IE all fed toons and all kdf toons, yes that makes you do more if you have KDF and Fed, but really doing rep twice is better than 4-5 times or more as some have posted.

I get the feeling Dilithium and doffs have been thinned out and EC is so easy to earn that it will never be thinned out. But this game is killing the social gamer than wants to be competitive. At least put something that lets us earn rep exponentially faster in the Zen store. Let those of us with busy lives spend our money to make up for our limited time!
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
09-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
If Cryptic could implement these changes I think Star Trek Online would improve dramatically! It would go a long way to improving the game's Fun Factor and Quality of Life.

Thanks for visiting/reading. I welcome your feedback.

Problem - Solutions 1:
Meelikes...but just making rewards "Mark of Choice" for current T5 content would make a difference.

Problem - Solutions 2:
Increasing stacks is a no-brainer BUT there would be financial issues (extra storage).
Switching to EC instead of commodities would negate their existence in-game imo because the EC model can be utilized for their other uses.
If you're going to have an autofill why not an autobuy as well?
FYI...getting rid of the Rep will get rid of the clicking.

Problem - Solutions 3:
No, the Rep is not Alt friendly to the average player imo (note I indicated average as in a player that doesn't spend HOURS at this game in one session).
Instead of discounts/xp bonus it's better to just throw the rep system out the airlock for Alts.

Account-wide unlocks is still the best solution if we're forced to keep the Rep.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Career Officer
# 35
09-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I like your suggestions, they are creative and would go a long way to alleviating some of the unrelenting grind and boredom of the current systems.

In addition, if you're so inclined, I once had the idea that Expertise should be an account-wide currency.

This would allow you to pool expertise, so you could play what you want on the characters you want, when you want.

We use expertise to train our own boffs.

We use it to input into starbases, "lending our expertise" in a sense.

I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to lend that same expertise to other VAs who are in our roster. Even from an RP standpoint it can be justified.

Career Officer
# 36
09-03-2013, 12:26 PM
I love these ideas. They seem fair and not too hard to implement. That said, it will be hard to convince them to stop it with this "Playing as Intended" crap.
Rihannsu
# 37
09-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I like your suggestions, they are creative and would go a long way to alleviating some of the unrelenting grind and boredom of the current systems.

In addition, if you're so inclined, I once had the idea that Expertise should be an account-wide currency.

This would allow you to pool expertise, so you could play what you want on the characters you want, when you want.

We use expertise to train our own boffs.

We use it to input into starbases, "lending our expertise" in a sense.

I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to lend that same expertise to other VAs who are in our roster. Even from an RP standpoint it can be justified.
muahahaha RP argument FTW
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 38
09-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
muahahaha RP argument FTW
I'm giving it all she's got cap'n!!!

Career Officer
# 39
09-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I'd also like to see the end-of-rep completion reward- you know, the big hunk of marks and dil you get at the end- changed to an account-bound box. Less important for the dil, but being able to send 750 marks to a new alt would get them off to a great start that rep system.
Ensign
# 40
09-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Anybody think that they ought to put out a challenge to the community for special Rep system mission creation? Like, in three months or so people submit a five chain mission set that could be implemented into the Rep system for marks and/or other things.