Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,787
# 41
08-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
If noone plays KDF anymore, can you guys please stay out of the Mine Trap queues and screwing up your own districts then coming over to screw up mine?

I mean really, I don't care if you reality-detached KDF cry babies screw up your own district in Mine Trap, but when you're done losing all of your buildings because you don't know how to play the game, please stop coming over to my district to get my civilians killed by rushing towards the end.

Otherwise, people do play KDF and this just shows the same KDF behavior I've known for years... Cryptic improves things, you find a reason to complain. I thought in LoR you guys would stop moving goal posts once a tutorial and mission content was added that you guys have been whining about.

But nope, silly me for thinking different. Keep moving those goal posts, I'll just be enjoying the game.

And stay out of Mine Trap unless you know what you're doing. kthx
Usually, people read the OP and at least a part of a thread before they resort to posting in it. Prevents them from sounding ridiculous and out of context, like you just did.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 42
08-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, we have been seeing alot more new guys judging from the traffic at Qo'nos. Not saying it's anything like ESD, and it still is quiet compared to ESD. But there's alot more faction newbie questions since LOR came about.

I've always said, new blood is better than getting nobody new into the faction. The LOR update helped a little bit for getting it out there for the KDF faction to play, and new players can play KDF outright now. Starting at Lv1 KDF is far too late, we needed this when the game came out, but it's there now.

Hopefully the new players will see what the KDF faction offers, and understand what its limitations are.

You want Cruisers? Our Cruisers are the best handling in the game and can be made to land heavy punches.

We still have our BOPs. They've lost alot of their edge over the years, but nothing completely replaces the total experience of the Klingon BOP. It pays for it heavily in what it can do, but you play within what its intended and capable of, it's still a decent line of ships.

Carriers? Our faction Carriers still stand very favorably in the game, even with the Lockbox ships. The Vo'Quv has always been a stalwart member in a KDF group since Day 1 of STO. The Kar'Fi has a large following in the faction. Our hangar unit selection is the best in the game. Simply put, if you want to fully experience the full options of Carrier play, the KDF is *THE* faction to play. The reason is simple: The KDF was originally the only faction with a carrier, the Vo'Quv. It was quite a while before the Feds got the Atrox, and later cross faction Lockbox ships. Also, getting the well respected Elite BOP and Elite Fer'Jai Frigates don't require you to break the bank, like trying to get the JHAS hangar pet for the JHDC.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,265
# 43
08-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
You're posting about Mine Trap? Of all things? The thing that moves you in this game is...

MINE TRAP?

There's AFKers from all walks down in there, but I guess the horse blinders are still on you.
And I have an issue with the AFKers in Mine Trap too, and report them accordingly. Your straw man needs more work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Usually, people read the OP and at least a part of a thread before they resort to posting in it. Prevents them from sounding ridiculous and out of context, like you just did.
And your ad hominem attacks need work.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,293
# 44
08-23-2013, 06:59 PM
*looks at his KDF character and his KDF romulan character*

Nope, don't play KDF.

In all reality the number of KDF players has gone up since LoR. Anyone can see that. Just because you have bad luck in queues does not mean no one plays KDF.

However I will agree with iconians fully. Who knew the same old screams/rants would be still around with the KDF actually has a full faction
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Contact: Twitter | Line Messenger: askray113
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 45
08-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
However I will agree with iconians fully. Who knew the same old screams/rants would be still around with the KDF actually has a full faction
The reasoning is very simple; people will find a way to complain about anything and everything, even if they had their previous point fixed (such as no content for KDF - LoR addressed that extremely well). Feds have had the most attention in this game from Day 1 and they still complain about stuff.
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,696
# 46
08-24-2013, 04:13 AM
I still play mine. Look around DS9 for a K'Tinga Retrofit. More likely that would be me.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 35
# 47
08-24-2013, 05:01 AM
I really like my 9 KDF toons. Have 7 VA Fed toons only due to the friends that hooked a few of us up with their fleet when we all started playing a year and a half ago.

6 Orions (40, 46, 4 LG)
1 Joined Trill (LG)
2 Rom (12 and one that is nearing the allegiance choice going KDF)

I had bought all 3 Orion Ships, B'rel Retrofit, To'Duj Fighter and the Bortasqu' all last year in the spring and summer before the freebies this year. Been waiting for a unique Orion bridge and new high tier ships to show up in the cstore. Not a big fan of the Gorn ships or the Karfi and with the Bortasqu' I am at least set for having all the ship types I play Covered.

all 3 Orion Flight Decks - check
Bird of Prey - check
Battlecruiser - check
all 3 Mirror ships -check (3 to 10 of each)
Breen Chel Grett Warship- check
Risain Corvette- check

Now I am just waiting to see them release new high tier ships that grab my attention. Be it more Orion Vessels to fo with all my orion toons, or just ships that grab my attention. The Bortasqu grabbed my attention due to it's sheer size and the stats that have come to be the fleet variant stats.

Have a friend that started to play now that you can start as KDF and don't have to unlock via Fed play any more. Other Fed playing friends had issues with the eye hurting red UI so they never really played their KDF but now that the UI color can be changed or playing as a KDF Rom they are more inclined to play now as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 110
# 48
08-24-2013, 07:01 AM
No one plays KDF anymore cause they took away our plasma leech and the last decent ship they gave to us was the BortasQ like 2 years ago......

since bortas all we got is a bunch of crap.

While other factions got our plasma leech gave us nothing of value in return and they got tons of new OP ships like the federation escort carrier and the romulan raiders and warbirds.


Greed is a bad thing you want money but you loose money from KDF players and KDF fans.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,265
# 49
08-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Oops. Delete this post.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147

Last edited by iconians; 08-24-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Wrong thread.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 50
08-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
If noone plays KDF anymore, can you guys please stay out of the Mine Trap queues and screwing up your own districts then coming over to screw up mine?

I mean really, I don't care if you reality-detached KDF cry babies screw up your own district in Mine Trap, but when you're done losing all of your buildings because you don't know how to play the game, please stop coming over to my district to get my civilians killed by rushing towards the end.

Otherwise, people do play KDF and this just shows the same KDF behavior I've known for years... Cryptic improves things, you find a reason to complain. I thought in LoR you guys would stop moving goal posts once a tutorial and mission content was added that you guys have been whining about.

But nope, silly me for thinking different. Keep moving those goal posts, I'll just be enjoying the game.

And stay out of Mine Trap unless you know what you're doing. kthx
If I see you in Mine Trap I will be letting a salt vampire confuse me, then I'm going to team kill you.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 AM.