Empire Veteran
# 11
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I just want to point out that not all Trills are have a symbiote. Joined Trills have to purchased from the C-store, so you would have to give something to unjoined Trills too. Also, according to the wiki, Joined Symbiote currently boosts graviton generators as well. Is there some reason you left that out?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Joined_Symbiote
it was a copy paste from the description above, its missing out of what i copied from the wiki too. oh well, they will get the idea.

boffs created after the change, presumably current boffs cant be changed, would have a chance to have the new space skills. odds are a generated boff wont have the joined trait, it would be as rare as having a superior trait would be to a romulan boff. so, i dont see an issue, canon is respected.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 12
08-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank You, DDIS!
Career Officer
# 13
08-21-2013, 08:46 PM
/applause

I posted a similar thread a while back.

Kudos on calling Cryptic on this as well!

"My name is Kira Shepard, and I approve of this thread."
Captain
# 14
08-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it was a copy paste from the description above, its missing out of what i copied from the wiki too. oh well, they will get the idea.

boffs created after the change, presumably current boffs cant be changed, would have a chance to have the new space skills. odds are a generated boff wont have the joined trait, it would be as rare as having a superior trait would be to a romulan boff. so, i dont see an issue, canon is respected.
I guess I wasn't too clear. My concern wasn't about canon. As far as I know, Joined Trill is a C-store unlock for the captain playable race. I don't think boffs have the Joined Symbiote trait at all. So unjoined Trills (both captain and boffs) should get another trait.
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I guess I wasn't too clear. My concern wasn't about canon. As far as I know, Joined Trill is a C-store unlock for the captain playable race. I don't think boffs have the Joined Symbiote trait at all. So unjoined Trills (both captain and boffs) should get another trait.
thats just so your captain can have those traits. compared to the other traits i proposed, its nothing special, infact one of the weaker traits. if you wanted a boff with subterfuge or covert, you payed a ton of dil and marks, roms get twice as good of boffs for free
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 16
08-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Full ship of Pakleds, kthxbai.

Other ideas for them:

Far from home: +50 to Driver coils in sector space

It is broken: All disables are more effective (as in, you are disabled longer), but grants a longer resist/immunity to disables when they are done.

We are smart: 3 to all science skills, +5 seconds CD length on all sci BOFF skills.

We are strong: 3 to all tac skills, 1% all damage (final modifier), +5% CD length on all tac BOFF skills.

Career Officer
# 17
08-22-2013, 01:25 AM
why do u think cryptic brought out the new subspace consoles...

fire...disable...blind...hence neutralize any romulan before they can pop singularity and run away...
Rihannsu
# 18
08-22-2013, 02:05 AM
This pertains to balancing the game. Something Systems is obviously not interested in. Everybody knows this would be a good idea. They just made up a whole bunch of new space traits while making rommies. Balancing them was not on the agenda. I see no reason why this would have changed by now.

Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-22-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Pakled
dumb luck- +4% Critical Chance, -30 Stun resistance, -30 Confuse resistance, -30 Placate resistance
things to make us go- +20 engine performance skill
(the thought of this doff being real, and having 5 stacked, and actually going into pvp with them makes me lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Full ship of Pakleds, kthxbai.

Other ideas for them:

Far from home: +50 to Driver coils in sector space

It is broken: All disables are more effective (as in, you are disabled longer), but grants a longer resist/immunity to disables when they are done.

We are smart: 3 to all science skills, +5 seconds CD length on all sci BOFF skills.

We are strong: 3 to all tac skills, 1% all damage (final modifier), +5% CD length on all tac BOFF skills.
These boffs would deserve their own short bus-like ship to balance their obvious awesomeness.
Czechoslovak Fleet 1st Division

Science for the win.
Captain
# 20
08-22-2013, 04:26 AM
big problem this game has is its all stacky-stacky-stacky-stacky-stacky-stacky, and those boffs are just personification of just that.

everything is all +++++++++ where are teh minuses to counterbalance all that?
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.