skoll: "There are always counters!"

thxbye
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 22
08-22-2013, 04:57 AM
gg deliberately missing the point about the buff jenga and complete lack of balance.

protip, being able to counter one lot of broken, with another lot of broken, is not balanced gameplay.
or is your signature just for show and you are actually entirly happy with how the game is 'balanced'?
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Rihannsu
# 23
08-22-2013, 05:22 AM
I was quoting Geko. You know the guy in charge of balance. I thought my sig makes that obvious.

He thinks there are counters to buffjenga (like the term). Maybe its time he shares his vision how Leadership and efficiency are the counters .....or whatever else he has put in place.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 08-22-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Captain
# 24
08-22-2013, 05:40 AM
ah, didnt catch that subtlety...

yea... was this geko's first game
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Captain
# 25
08-22-2013, 06:01 AM
This is needed so bad I daren't take my fed into PVP as it just means death

I love playing my romulan but they are crazily more powerful than the fed and Klingons it makes pve'ing boring because everything just melts

The devs won't listen but they really should as fed and kdf need a buff desperately

+1 DDIS
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Commander
# 26
08-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Honestly, I despise the way they introduced the Romulans with superior boffs, I really do.
But seriously, lets get over it because their views on balance and pure money grabbing wont change ever.

Drunk, to you lad, knew about romulans being vastly superior since the day they came out, if you dont have a fedmulan tac by now with a fleet ship, repped to tier5.

Its ultimately your choice. The complaining hasnt worked now for 3+ years on cryptics address.
Career Officer
# 27
08-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Honestly, I despise the way they introduced the Romulans with superior boffs, I really do.
But seriously, lets get over it because their views on balance and pure money grabbing wont change ever.

Drunk, to you lad, knew about romulans being vastly superior since the day they came out, if you dont have a fedmulan tac by now with a fleet ship, repped to tier5.

It's ultimately your choice.
And herein you are mistaken, as 'choice' is exactly what the game no longer offers! Yes, you can 'choose' to be inferior, whlist everyone else slots 5x 2.0% CrtH boffs. Or 'choose' not to roll a superior Rom, whilst everyone around you does. But those aren't real choices -- at least no sane ones.

So, yeah, I've been saying this for a long time: with the advent of LoR, Cryptic has been sabotaging their own game. And, indeed, and sadly so, out of sheer greed: 'Make everything new so ridiculously OP, that people will have no choice but to buy it.' Honest balance and real choices went the way of the dinosaur.
Empire Veteran
# 28
08-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post

Its ultimately your choice. The complaining hasnt worked now for 3+ years on cryptics address.
they ether need to remove the space traits from rom boffs, or do exactly what i lined out lol.

i do have a fed rom tac, with completed rep, a mkXII borg set, a fleet elite shield, a full set of MKXII acc3 forward guns, 3 tech, 3 damage control, 2 BO penetration and 3 shield distribution doffs, and a crew of 4 superior romulans and 2 superior remans, so i always can have 1 equipped regardless of the station setup on any of the ships. i also got all the tier 1 through 4 fleet ships, the vet ship, and the scimitar pack. for all intents and purposes, the character is done, its got it all. my romulan is at its best, i know how powerful a done romulan character is.

its a few month old character, and it could beat any of my 2-3 year old fed or kdf characters easily. power creeped boffs so the other 2 factions can catch up is needed for them to be relevant in the current game. hopefully the right combination of boffs can make up for the lack of battlecloaking. its good for cryptic, there would be a huge scramble to collect the new boffs you want, and a ton of EC spent. a reason to keep loging in and working for something.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 29
08-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
with the release of LoR, we were graced with the romulan faction. thats hilariously better then ether the KDF or fed faction. heres why
... (snip, length)
This is roughly what i was thinking but didn't dare to ask.

Good work DDIS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Rihannsu
# 30
09-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
with the release of LoR, we were graced with the romulan faction. thats hilariously better then ether the KDF or fed faction... what are we to do?

buff every other race of boff for KDF and fed so that they can have space traits as powerful.

Excellent ideas DDIS. I fully agree with your suggestions.

/signed +1.

Cryptic: Make is so. Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.