Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
# 41 Lost items by mail
08-27-2013, 05:38 AM
I see i'm not the only one who is having the same problem.
Before the patch i was sending to my other chars mails correctly.
Then when i came home from a vacation, i saw i have in my account 4 fleet ship modules, and there i didn't need them, so i sent to my other char using this @accname thing,just like i used to do it before my vacation.
Then i realized i didn't get any, and it didn't even come back to it's place where i sent it.
This happened 4 days ago, then i submited a ticket (#130824-001355) but then i got regular answer, like i should send mail with sending the mail to the charname@accname , but this isn't help anything.And i even tried this in that day, but the mails are still missing, all of them what i'm sending to me(i didn't try sending email to others).
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
# 42
08-27-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4kot3y View Post
I see i'm not the only one who is having the same problem.
Before the patch i was sending to my other chars mails correctly.
Then when i came home from a vacation, i saw i have in my account 4 fleet ship modules, and there i didn't need them, so i sent to my other char using this @accname thing,just like i used to do it before my vacation.
Then i realized i didn't get any, and it didn't even come back to it's place where i sent it.
This happened 4 days ago, then i submited a ticket (#130824-001355) but then i got regular answer, like i should send mail with sending the mail to the charname@accname , but this isn't help anything.And i even tried this in that day, but the mails are still missing, all of them what i'm sending to me(i didn't try sending email to others).
After i was deleting a lot of messages from the mail, i finally saw it, sry.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 34
# 43
08-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Same problem here. The mail icon keeps blinking. I seem to have lost most of my Year 2013 mails. There are many mail items which are missing. I sent a few Datachips to my other toon today, it didnt show up on the mail!!!!
I submitted a ticket in-game regarding this issue, now I find the ticket hasn't been registered at all!!!
Devs..............we want our mail and items back!!! Pls do something ASAP. Thanks.
Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8
# 44
08-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Cant believe they are doing nothing to help us... I have practically stopped playing game due tot his bug... as I played Kerrat a lot and have been posting lot of loot on exchange... I see no poiint to do so now...
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 57
# 45
08-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeplika View Post
Cant believe they are doing nothing to help us... I have practically stopped playing game due tot his bug... as I played Kerrat a lot and have been posting lot of loot on exchange... I see no poiint to do so now...

This is potentially game breaking. I have got a lot of returned items stuck in the mail now - which reduces the amount of slots on the exchange.

I can now only contact my fleet mates when they're on.

This is not some minor issue - and given the amount of people posting about it on here, it is a bug their end - it's not something we're doing wrong.

Come on guys - can we just get an acknowledgement from someone at Cryptic that they're looking into this? We've been without mail for a week now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 310
# 46
08-29-2013, 06:10 AM
For some time there have been calls to fix the mail system, i.e deleting old mails in one fell swoop, too many mails etc etc. Now this patch seems to have tried to fix the problem, whereby making it worse... if the devs listened to the community months and month ago before trying to crack a walnut with a jackhammer this problem would never have happened. Sorry to say but locking the stable door after the horse has bolted seems to apply here.

I have mails saying my stuff has expired, but they are empty so cannot retrieve the items.

No doubt this will be fixed in a few patches, let's face it, they do eventually get round to it, but seriously... The continual issues here are becoming laughable.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 412
# 47
08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhodgson View Post
This is potentially game breaking. I have got a lot of returned items stuck in the mail now - which reduces the amount of slots on the exchange.

I can now only contact my fleet mates when they're on.

This is not some minor issue - and given the amount of people posting about it on here, it is a bug their end - it's not something we're doing wrong.

Come on guys - can we just get an acknowledgement from someone at Cryptic that they're looking into this? We've been without mail for a week now.
First - I am NOT defending this in the least. See my earlier post in this thread

But - In their eyes it's not a bug, it's working as intended.
I THINK this is what is happening:

Your view is limited to the oldest 300 messages, and there is a limit of how many items can be in attachments in your inbox. (I believe the limit is 125 items or stacks of items - basically, the equivalent of 5 mail messages with all 5 slots filled)

So - let's say you have 5 mails each filled with attachments in your mailbox, and 299 text messages in your mailbox. If an item gets returned from the exchange you get two messages:

Message #1- says that your item has expired, with the item attached. You can't see this one or retrieve the item, because you're over the attachment limit.

Message #2- says that your item has expired; no attachment. You can see this one, because it doesn't have the attachment, AND you now have the limit of 300 you can view at a time.
Now, if you get another returned item without deleting any mail at all, you won't see either of the messages. You'll have 303 messages (3 over the limit), and 27 attachment slots filled (2 over the limit).

In order to get to your returned items, you have to retrieve at least 2 attachment slots worth of items and delete 3 messages total. Then the newest 2 "returned items" messages will appear. They are queued and the attachments are there, if you can get to them. It does sometimes take a few minutes or more for the mail to process through and count everything, but I can verify that I have had mails queue in after retrieving items and deleting the messages from my mailbox.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 412
# 48
08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Conjecture-this might be why they're sending 2 mails every time. Supposedly alerting you to the fact that you have items in your mail, which you are not seeing because you already have too many. However - it fills up that "view" quota so quickly it seems to me to be exacerbating the problem.

On top of that - when this double mail thing first started, I tried to delete the message without the item attached first, and it deleted the one with the attachment, leaving the blank one. So I am not about to delete those duplicates without first retrieving the item any more. I'm hoping this is no longer the case. Proceed at your own risk - YRMV
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 57
# 49
08-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
First - I am NOT defending this in the least. See my earlier post in this thread

But - In their eyes it's not a bug, it's working as intended.
I THINK this is what is happening:

Your view is limited to the oldest 300 messages, and there is a limit of how many items can be in attachments in your inbox. (I believe the limit is 125 items or stacks of items - basically, the equivalent of 5 mail messages with all 5 slots filled)

So - let's say you have 5 mails each filled with attachments in your mailbox, and 299 text messages in your mailbox. If an item gets returned from the exchange you get two messages:

Message #1- says that your item has expired, with the item attached. You can't see this one or retrieve the item, because you're over the attachment limit.

Message #2- says that your item has expired; no attachment. You can see this one, because it doesn't have the attachment, AND you now have the limit of 300 you can view at a time.
Now, if you get another returned item without deleting any mail at all, you won't see either of the messages. You'll have 303 messages (3 over the limit), and 27 attachment slots filled (2 over the limit).

In order to get to your returned items, you have to retrieve at least 2 attachment slots worth of items and delete 3 messages total. Then the newest 2 "returned items" messages will appear. They are queued and the attachments are there, if you can get to them. It does sometimes take a few minutes or more for the mail to process through and count everything, but I can verify that I have had mails queue in after retrieving items and deleting the messages from my mailbox.

But I can't agree it is working as intended. I always cleared my returned items out of my mailbox, I usually deleted mail from fleetmates after I read them and replied to them- I believe I had about five in my inbox prior to this bug.

According to an earlier post by cryptic - "Item sold" mails should not count towards the 300 mail limit. That is all I can see. I cannot delete any of the other e-mails because they are missing.

And as for what I said about losing my slots - that is happening NOW because the weekly limit is now passing, and all of my characters' exchange slot are clearing, and are being dumped into the mail. It wasn't happening before I couldn't access new mails. I would gladly slim down my mail account, but I would barely have time playing the game if I had to delete each and every mail by hand.

I understand they need to toughen up the rules. Put a 30-day rule on all e-mails, meaning they'll be deleted unless you specifically save them - items or no.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 57
# 50
08-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Okay - here is exactly the problem.

I've just spent an hour I won't get back going through the e-mails of every single toon I have, and I have deleted all but the "Item Sold" messages (which we have been told do not count towards the 300 limit.

I have deleted every single "Item returned mail" (none of which curiously contained any returned items). These were apparently unique to each toon, so each one had a whole bunch that needed deleting.

By the end the only thing in my inbox was "Item Sold" e-mails dating from approx June 30-July 16, which were accessible from every toon. I then sat and deleted all of these e-mails through to July 10.

Now I have an inbox full of "Item Sold" from July 10 - August 1.

Therefore, the "item sold" mails must be counting towards the 300 mail limit. They're not supposed to.

That is the problem Cryptic - seems fairly straight forward. Could someone please comment on this?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 PM.