Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
ok i have same issue and 1st i submitted a bug report , then i submitted 2 GM tickets going on 3 days with no response and before patch no issue now all expired exchange email is locked up and items missing, i would say around 30+ Very rare items missing. I have been playing this game sense Beta and i am a LTS, I have spent ALOT of money on this game and now it is FTP and they still selling subs how much more is the STO community going to take???? Imagine if everyone playing just stopped where would STO be at then. insteid of fixing small issues like Ground weapons the real issues need attention First as the Mail being one of the important ones. Every MMO i have played that uses a MAIL system dont have serious issues like this and if they did it would be quickly fixed considering thats how the player base makes their currency and considering in the actual ST Lore they DONT use any currency except GPL to traders so if their is going to be a Mail System it should always have a High priority. As it is i cant delete anything and my fleet cant send me mail so if there is a LIMIT problem how am i expected to to remedy the issue if I cant delete anything. If issues cant be fixed without causing even more issues maybe it is time to rethink the programming structure. I have more then paid my dues for this game and there are ALOT of people still paying Monthly subs for the Benefits on a game that is FTP and now is very unstable. So come on Guys dont let this game go down the tubes and just a FYI Startrek fan base is one of the largest world wide, everyone who has a love for star trek will love this game but not if it is filled with broken code that takes forever to fix. So for a minute put yourselves in our (STO Community) Shoes how would u feel about all of it and when u think it is getting better it takes a major 180.....

Last edited by jeckkel; 08-30-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 52 Missing Mail Part 2
08-30-2013, 12:23 AM
After this http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=758111

I am again missing mail, most if not all is part of the 'Lost and Found' that where send from the previous problem. Also I cant receive any mail and I don't have new mail with items after all my Lost and Found mail, so that cant be the issue.

Also I send 4-5 days ago a fleet mail on 3 fleets and I got a lot of reply's back from the system that mailboxes where full. What let me think, a lot op people are not receiving my fleet mail. At least me is not receiving my own send fleet mail, so others didn't either.

So this all let me to think there is AGAIN a mail bug.
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-30-2013, 01:04 AM
You can only read/access to a certain # of email in the box. I'm not sure how many though. Therefore, you need to delete some. All your mails are still there, but you can't just see them.

My mailbox got spam by the exchange. I couldn't see anything until I deleted them, closed the mailbox and opened it again.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
08-30-2013, 01:17 AM
That is not the case, I dont have any exchange mail on any of my chars.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrestartrek View Post
You probably have over 300 mails including the return mails, since you said you packed quite a lot of stuff up. Try deleting non-important messages and start clearing out your returned items, that way the other 'non-visible' mail will keep appearing as you get rid of the ones you actually see.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrestartrek View Post
It's just an example. I'm not saying that exchange mails cause the problem. I'm just saying that I cant read any other mails because my mailbox was over a certain number.
Lieutenant
# 57
08-30-2013, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't call this "working as intended." Maybe "broken as intended."

Not looking forward to literally hours of clumsy e-mail management to get to an item or two just returned or sent.

Effectively, for me, the e-mail system is completely down until I can take a day to fix this new problem.

Applying limits before improving management definitely makes things worse and not better.

It's not putting the cart before the horse, it's putting the horse in the cart and shouting at it because it won't go.

Edit: I just noticed this also apparently includes Champions and presumably Neverwinter e-mails, some of which contain items and can't be deletd from STO.

So I have to delete X hundreds of emails logged into two or three different games.

Good job.

Last edited by stupidconversion; 08-30-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
08-30-2013, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhodgson View Post
Okay - here is exactly the problem.

I've just spent an hour I won't get back going through the e-mails of every single toon I have, and I have deleted all but the "Item Sold" messages (which we have been told do not count towards the 300 limit.

I have deleted every single "Item returned mail" (none of which curiously contained any returned items). These were apparently unique to each toon, so each one had a whole bunch that needed deleting.

By the end the only thing in my inbox was "Item Sold" e-mails dating from approx June 30-July 16, which were accessible from every toon. I then sat and deleted all of these e-mails through to July 10.

Now I have an inbox full of "Item Sold" from July 10 - August 1.

Therefore, the "item sold" mails must be counting towards the 300 mail limit. They're not supposed to.

That is the problem Cryptic - seems fairly straight forward. Could someone please comment on this?

Thank you for doing all that work to prove it - this IS the bug. I have spent truly hours going through my mailbox, but mine doesn't have all that many item returned or item sold mails so I really couldn't tell if this was the case.

Another bug is that the July 18 patch notes said:
Quote:
Added a message for when a recipients mailbox is full and when there are too many items in it.
There is no message that the mailbox is full, nor any message that there are too many items in it. And no - I haven't turned off ANY messages. I've never seen it.

Also, deleted 'returned item' duplicate mails (the ones with no attachments) won't delete, until after you close the mailbox and reopen.

I am filing bug reports listing these three items specifically. I urge everyone to do the same.

THESE CHANGES SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PUSHED OUT WITHOUT WARNING. I've been dealing with the effects of these stealth mail patches since late May and still the only patch notes regarding them was a note saying they were putting in messages about it - a couple of months after the changes. And there is no message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Lieutenant
# 59
08-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the "includes e-mail from other games" bug definitely breaks the "have to delete hundreds of e-mails one at a time to get the e-mail you just sent" minigame.

Can I opt out of that minigame?
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
09-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Lets bump this topic before cryptic forget us.