Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I've managed to replicate this bug twice now, I was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
If you use the sniper shot exploit ability on any sniper rifle at about precisley the time an NPC is dieing from being struck by an AoE Expose/Exploit attack, the sniper shoot laser animation will continue to cycle, rooting you in place.

You're still very capable of attacking anything that comes into range, however no animations for the abilities will fire. If you remove the rifle or change weapons the laser sight animation persits and so does the root.

I've found two workarounds: Beaming out of the mission and then continuing it, or quickly logging out and logging back in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 01:27 PM
This happens to me ALL THE TIME in PvP, very annoying!

Nearly every other PvP map I play on I end up with the sniper shot bug that roots my character in place until I either leave the mission/map or the map/mission ends and I leave. /stuck does not fix this at all and you will be force to sit there and watch your character stand still and have a lazer shooting off into no where.

This happens even after you die

While rooted you can't turn, can't move, nothing movement related but you can still attack, target and drop turrets, etc. but you won't see any animations.

Again, this needs to get fixed!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okost View Post
I've managed to replicate this bug twice now, I was wondering if anyone else had seen this.
If you use the sniper shot exploit ability on any sniper rifle at about precisley the time an NPC is dieing from being struck by an AoE Expose/Exploit attack, the sniper shoot laser animation will continue to cycle, rooting you in place.

You're still very capable of attacking anything that comes into range, however no animations for the abilities will fire. If you remove the rifle or change weapons the laser sight animation persits and so does the root.

I've found two workarounds: Beaming out of the mission and then continuing it, or quickly logging out and logging back in.
I've had this problem several, several times and performed the same two workarounds (which work very well, though I've used the first more than the second).

I join your crusade in trying to get this bug fixed. Lead on!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Anyone else?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I've had this bug effect me once or twice. Hasn't happened very recently though.

Here are two screenshots of it.
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/939...0021600200.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9...0021600200.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Did it happen in PvE (vs NPC's) or in PvP?

This happens to me daily in PvP
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it happens to me from time to time. Before they released Season 1, it used to happen ALL THE TIME. Now it's only every 4-5 ground missions. It happens when I'm firing on an opponent, and it wants to continue to target the dead opponent. It's happened in PvP before, but predominantly PvE (since that is mostly what I play). I occasionally have some other graphics that stick, too (tachyon harmonic being the main one), but those don't root me in place like this does.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Dev's?

Beullar?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Happens to me all the time... you're exactly right in describing it: It's when I'm aiming during a sniper shot, and the target dies..

From then on, I'm stuck in the sniper shot animation, and there's no way to recover it until I zone or log out / log in.

Happens less occasionally on the Compression Pistols, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I've reported this since beta. It happens with other weapons as well, if using the secondary power. Most of the time you can't even do as much as you were able to. You just constantly go through the firing animation for that last shot, and are glued to the floor.

/Stuck and /Killme do not work to correct the issue, and despite the inept advice from CS, you cannot use the 'change instance' button on the map to get out of it, since that function is disabled on ground maps. You will also not get a GM's attention using the above method, so using the 'submit and wait' feature is also not an option.