Career Officer
# 1 UCG using Social Maps
08-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Greetings,

Perhaps this has been requested before, but since it still is not an option within the Foundry, I feel to request it (again). :p

I and perhaps more like me, would love to have the option within the Foundry to create social maps. This would allow fleets to use self-created zones for fleet events to gather, have parties or as a gathering point for starting a fleet Event. Thus far, the Foundry is limited to creating missions which could facillitate 5 players, which is great! However, it is, for fleet gathering purposes, unsuited.

My thanks for your response in advance.

@RobinPhoenix
www.verenigingvanvloten.com

Last edited by robinphoenixx; 08-23-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Goedenavond van provincie ZH .

--------------

Social Maps would be a great improvement. If I am correct one user did create some "recreational map" which only had one task to be finished.

Unfortunatly in the way the Foundry is build, this would probably (almost) never happen.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 3
08-23-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd love it. but not sure if it can be done with the foundry as it is

The ability to create Nimbus style maps where people can mingle would be awesome

But heres a suggestion to any devs that may read this, Could we maybe have some specific foundry hubs?

For example, a miscilanious trading station with contacts we can use, like the contacts on ESD
many mission have us visit a trading hub or some kind of club, and i think t would be awesome to bump into other players or something who are on different missions running through the same hub

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 4
08-24-2013, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Goedenavond van provincie ZH .

--------------

Social Maps would be a great improvement. If I am correct one user did create some "recreational map" which only had one task to be finished.

Unfortunatly in the way the Foundry is build, this would probably (almost) never happen.
Actually, at least one such map has already been attempted and published - called something like "Romantic Forest" (a single-map "date night" mission meant for two players). It was discussed at length on the most recent Drivetime UGC episode.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-24-2013, 05:22 AM
Yes, and I could remember it being talked about. Unfortunatly not where.. So thank you for mentioning it again, Pax!
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-24-2013, 05:23 AM
A "social" map can be created. A good example would be Commodore Bob's Romulan Zoo. However as with all standard mission instances a maximum of 5 players are allowed in the same instance and all have to be able to join the same team. Players who aren't able to join the same team are as a result barred from entering the map together.