Community Manager
Hailing all Captains! Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton, Systems Designer with Thomas "TheCrypticCat" Marrone, UI Artist is showcasing the brand new Kit system! Learn about the exciting additions in this entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~LaughingTrendy

Morrigan "LaughingTrendy" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @LaughingTrendy
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.

Last edited by pwlaughingtrendy; 04-02-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Very glad to see not only are old kits remaining in-game, but you can trade them in for goodies. Very nice.

As to the revamp itself...I shall have to test some before I start passing judgement. Initial prognosis is optimistic, however.
Unity makes us invincible.
Career Officer
# 3
04-01-2014, 12:04 PM
I saw that initial title typo there Trendy.

But in all seriousness, I've tested the kits and love the new customization potential.
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Ever awaiting the Undine rep.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
I suspect this was only changed so you can "sell" new abilities via lockboxes/reps and so on.

Career Officer
# 6
04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Dont suppose we can have kit modules as powers rather than objects in the inventory? I know we just had a nice increase given to us but this change will swallow the increase whole in one foul swoop

Maybe have the device to learn the power drop but make it a consumable so it is effectively bound on equip.

Mind you how are these modules bound or are they currently bind to char or account?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Republic Veteran
# 7
04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
I suspect this was only changed so you can "sell" new abilities via lockboxes/reps and so on.
That is just an added bonus for them, they've been talking about a kit revamp for a couple years now.
Career Officer
# 8
04-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Quote:
The leaked details regarding the Undine Lockbox would confirm these suspicions, if the leak was true.
Unity makes us invincible.
Captain
# 9
04-01-2014, 12:13 PM
New modules are available in the Undine rep, so we can expect lockbox modules very soon ( probably as I have not seen any leaks what so ever.... ).
Career Officer
# 10
04-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Quote:
People have been asking for this for a while. Lockbox monetization is icing on the cake. The Undine rep system will also have new modules, 2 for each class I believe. This new system also allows for Cryptic to add more ground abilities into the game and add more variety with ground builds. Of course, this'll probably fall flat on its face since ground combat is still lackluster.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - Unused Romulan Notifications